Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Playlist

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I upgraded to VDJ 3.4 earlier this week. As a line dance instructor I have quite a few playlists to organize the music I use for each dance. When trying to access a playlist last nite at a dance, I found that even tho' the playlist shows up, along with the songs I've placed in each one, I cannot play the music. When I drag it to the deck, all I get is "Error". It seems that whatever "link" there is to the directory is gone...any idea as to why? Or how to resolve the problem without having to recreate the lists again??

Mensajes Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 4:30 pm
dj dickPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Had simular prob recentley.It seems that once you alter the folder or folders that the playlist came from the path is broken.I had to rebuild all my playlists.dj dick

Mensajes Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 7:03 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ldancer 5678
I had a similar problem but all I did was re scan trhe drive and everything was okay.
Also I do linedancing every Sunday. What I do is out all the info in the comments field.
IE Dance, Count in. Then I can do a search by the dance name or the song name. This seems to work bettertfor me than a playlist, due to the fact of the many requests at line dance functions.
By the way what area are you in?

Mensajes Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 7:47 pm
I have already scanned the drive and it still does not let me play from the playlist. For open dancing, I generally just use the search function to find dance and/or music. But for lessons, I like to group the music I'm using for the dance I'm teaching that night. Makes it easier for me not to have to actually "think" about what music might work and I have BPMs right in front of me for practice speeds. I teach in the Pine Bush, New York area. Where are you located?

Mensajes Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 7:55 pm
ldancer5678
I shoulkd have noticed before I posted, you upgraded to 3.4. I am still using 3.1.
I occasionally make playlists as you do. (for dances to be taught etc.) But I have not had a problem. Maybe for now you can roll back to 3.1 or 3.3, which ever one worked before, until some of the real pros can come up with an answer for you.
I am in Alsip, Ill. (Chicago suburb) Would be interesting to know what line dances are popluar in your area.

Mensajes Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 7:11 pm
Maybe I'll give a try downgradeing to 3.1 and see what happens. I always get wary of messing around with programs...I don't need for it to drop dead on me in the middle of a lesson/dance/party, etc. (which would just be my luck). As to our dances, there's the usual county/non-country disagreement in this area...but some of the popular stuff here is Push the Button, Meltdown, Freaks to the Floor, Walk Back To Me, Keep it Burnin', Party for 2, Syncopated Kiss. Ever go to Ft. Wayne Showdown? Just got back and had a great time; great mix.

Mensajes Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 11:37 pm
ldancer5678
Same disagreement here. The only one that has hit our area so far is Party For 2.
I have not gone to the Ft Wayne showdown.
It's hard to get everyone in my area to agree on things.
Still have people not wanting to co operate and try to alternate the dances taught from one place to another. If only everyone could see that the only way to make it mor enjoyable is to work together.

Mensajes Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 9:22 pm
OK...my original problem was an inability to access my playlists after upgrading to 3.4. NOW, after spending an hour and a half recreating my playlists, when I play either deck, the music hitches. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's music that is on the recreated playlist or the local list. EVERYTHING hitches...not to mention, that now if a song is playing on Deck A, and I load a song onto Deck B...Deck A stops playing while B is loading. I haven't changed any settings...what is going on????? Can anybody out there help me? This happened tonight in the middle of my class. I had a gig Saturday nite...played for 5 hours straight...no problems with loading the decks...automix, etc. All this happened AFTER I recreated the playlist that disappeared after 3.4 upgrade. Is TECH SUPPORT out there somewhere???? HELP!!!! Do I need to uninstall the whole program and reinstall up to 3.3???

Mensajes Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 4:28 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
ldancer5678,

Try this, change your current LOAD to 15min, that will help you. For some reason some systems have this problem and we fixed this way.

VDJ->Config->General->Max Load->15min

Good Luck!

Mensajes Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 8:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)