Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: recording in mp3 format

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

stylusHome userMember since 2006
Hi i recently have recorded my mixes to wav format, but what do i have to do to record them in mp3 instead? I looked in the config menu and saw a list of file types, the top one says 'mp3 etc etc....
when i click on add, it asks for an extension which is .mp3 isnt it? Im using a pc with the hercules console, i think the program is vdj 3.1?

Mensajes Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 4:36 pm
I just read in the manual and it says to record in mp3 format, you need to install the LAME plugin. I have just downloaded this plugin, but how do i install it into the vdj program 3.1? Thanks.

Mensajes Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 9:20 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
once you have the file lame_enc.dll

go to Record Tab in VDJ, then click on File (at the left) then on Setup. In setup select the mp3 encoder by browsing your computer to find the lame_enc.dll

then it should be fine.

Mensajes Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 11:14 pm
Doesn't MP3 use more memory than WAV, though? I've put some files on in WAV - but my computer says its memory is nearly full - strange, considering there's hardly anything on there.

With files in MP3, you can put them in Windows Media Player and use the Crossfading option in there - the ultimate "lazy DJ". Doesn't work with WAV files, though.

How do you convert them to MP3 files after saving them as WAV files (without deleting them first)?

Mensajes Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 3:27 pm
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

arthurvasey' The mp3 format is a compressed file so it uses far less memory than a wav file. Converting wav files requires a different program, you can find freeware programs on the net, but the shareware option is normally a better way.

Mensajes Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 4:27 pm
That probably explains why it's nearly full, then. I'm not an expert on these things - I thought WAV was smaller than MP3 - I'll have to delete and start again now!

Mensajes Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 1:17 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I thought VDJ of the DJC2 only works with wav not with MP3. I'm glad you can use Mp3 in the DJC2.

Good Luck!

Mensajes Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 7:11 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)