Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: TIME CODED VINYL problem

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So i just have to write, althow i did it a loooong ago.
Here is the problem. AND I WOULD PAY FOR THOSE WHO CAN SOLVE IT!!!!

I have 2 Numark turntables and TCVs on it, connected to maya44 USB. I have laptop for my mixes and it do the job very well with XP10 and DJ Console. BUT!

with TCVs there is a problem (on booth turntables the same). TCV signal is at 100% for 3 seconds, then decrise to 65% in one second and then incrise to 100% again. AND THIS IS HAPPENING ALL THE TIME! And you can clearly hear how musc jumps every 3 seconds.

I can control VDJ with TCVs with no problems! But every 3 seconds the signal goes low. I tryed to connect maya44 to self powered USB hub, but it is the same (so it's not a power problem). AND THE MAIN THING: IT WORKS PERFECT ON DESKTOP COMPUTER!!!!

Also: i tryed to ground turntables to computer AND tryed to ground them to mixer - the same result - not working right!
I tryed to run laprop only on battery - same result
I tryed to run laprop to non-grounded power supply - same result.

I have barebone pc but i don't have monitor at the moment. Why it doesn't work with my laprop??? I forgot something???

PLEASE if there is anybody that can help just write! I can record music to heat what is happening, or even video to see low signal every 3 secs, it will help to solve this. I repeat: On desktop PC it works well!!!

btw signal goes down at booth turntables at the same time! every 3 secs goes to 65% and then again to 100%

sorry for VUNIL instead of VINYL in the topic ;)

Thanks

Mensajes Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 6:47 pm
Wierd how its ok on Desktop but not Laptop Must be something with the laptop but i have no idea sorry

(i edited title for you)

Mensajes Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 8:17 pm
DJ Walkers thank you for editing title ;)

I know there is something wrong with laptop. but what exactly?? Everthing works well, VDJ never crashed on this laptop.

It's strange.. i tryed everything :)

Mensajes Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 11:02 pm
If anybody has a solution please write.

I was thinking about buying new laptop but i have to test it before buying. But there is no stores which let me install VDJ and maya44usb software before buying the computer :(

Mensajes Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 12:54 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Try more to isolate the problem as you did.
If possible try a fresh windows installation on another partition on the same laptop, to see if it is a confict, try another usb port, try a pcmcia to usb card to see if there is a compatibility problem with your laptop's chipset and maya, be sure to use the latest 2.5.5 drivers (not the 64bit drivers).
I assume the connections to your turntables, the carts etc. are right as they work with your desktop.

Ahh, and before you do all these check your Timecode config page in vdj.
Did you check the "software RIAA preamp" (unless your numarks have preamps built in)

Mensajes Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 4:51 pm
apopsis thank you! I will try with pcmcia to usb card and fresh install of windows.
I use lastest drivers for maya44 and connection TTs-maya-computer is the same than on desktop computer.

I was google and find that it could be a IRQ conflict. Any idea how to change IRQs on laptop???
On desktop usualy it helps that you just move card to another pci slot.

thanks

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 1:49 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Usually you can't but changing usb port (need to re-install the driver everytime) may use different irq as there are usually more than 1 root usb channels.
I'd say try first to temporary deactivate all other internal cards that can cause a conflict: internal modem, Lan, infrared, pcmcia...
You can do this in device manager with right click.

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 6:41 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)