Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: video looking funky please help

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello\
I upgraded to the new version of virtual dj now i notice that there is a yellow line in the center of most of the videos and if i play them on my basic player outside of the vcdj it works perfectly so there is an issue i would say in the software what should i do has anyone run into this problem

thanks
dj in mass

Look forward to your helo : ))

Mensajes Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 1:03 am
Are you saying in VDJ you get bad video OUT of your PC to another format i.e. SVIDEO/Composite?

Are you playing COMPRESSED VIDEO Files? What Graphics Card to you have? are the DRIVERS upgraded?

I notice that when I play a video file that is COMPRESSED, in the mini-viewer on my screen it appears blotchy, but on the big screen it looks great.... I think this is an issue with the WINDOWS Drivers ... I'd say be HAPPY that it looks great on the AUDIENCE screen... Also, keep in mind it probably IS NOT VDJ, but Windows.

Mensajes Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 4:07 am
never had a blotchy image before the upgrade will try it live but was nervous to run the program

Mensajes Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 10:29 am
If this just started after the upgrade, maybe you should re-install the upgrade. It may not have installed correctly.

Mensajes Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 9:56 pm
hi my graphics are radeon 9000 which i have been happy with what do you mean by updating the drivers if there is something i can do iwill try it so i can get rid of that picture
thanks

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 1:25 am
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think that your 9000 (is it a mobility?) may be a little slow for some vide (Divx and severly compressed video). Also, I don't think you will 'mix' well with a graphics card that old... Was released in 3rd or 4th quarter of 2002! I believe if it is NOT a mobility and you can upgrade, you should upgrade.

Whether this will help you "blotchy" problem, I'm not 100% certain, where I live, you can buy a graphics card and if it doesn't work, you have between 10 and 30 days to return it for a full refund... but always say, "It won't work with my PC" not "I don't like it..." Then you may get slapped with a restocking fee.

Why more people don't post their specs when asking a question FIRST is beyond me. Often times the problem can be found there... also, our language, more specifically, the words we use to describe one item may be said differently by another person. Blotchy to me means that the video isn't fluid and there is discoloration like when you are playing a compressed file. Blotchy to you may mean the same, or you may mean jerky as in, the video jerks and jumps from scene to scene. If this is the case, I'd get closer to saying that the speed of your graphics card IS the problem.

Also, knowing more about your PC would help... is it a laptop? what model? Is it a desktop? Was it custom made then? If it wasn't custom made, what brand is it? what model is it? If it is custom made, more specifics about Ram, Processor, HDD (Speed/Size/Number) would be a foundational start.

To RUN to "The software isn't working...." I like running to... "My gasoline isn't working..." Doesn't make sense that the gas works for so many people, just not you... see my point?

Sorry, didn't mean to take this out on you, but I think I/WE'd be better able to help people if they did the above.

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 2:56 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
my friend had that problem with intel graphics card just disable the hardware acceleration and you should be fine

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 10:46 pm
Interesting you say that...I actually have issues if hardware acceleration is off.

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 4:55 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)