Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Thinking of buying the Numark Virtual Vinyl

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So what's the general sentiment around here. Is everyone sticking with 4.0 or is anyone going to jump to the Numark product? I do like the idea of finally being able to buy vinyl in the stores. So what is everyone else doing?

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 12:56 am
I would rather stick with Virtual DJ. The Numark solution will probably be more expensive to compete with FS and SSL (it wouldn't look good for Numark to offer a 'better' product for a much cheaper price) and you are most likely restricted to using their own soundcard. I'm personally very happy with my existing setup which uses the HDJC2 as my ASIO soundcard along with TCV as my computer is a reasonable distance from my decks and the Hercules' ability to perform a hardware bypass for audio when playing non TCV is very handy. Being able to buy vinyl instores would be handy, hopefully the Numark vinyl will be compatible with Virtual DJ or perhaps someone will release an unofficial plugin which enables compatability; it is so expensive to pay the shipping charges at the moment for VDJ vinyl :(

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 1:22 am
I'm not sure I understand the logic behind raising the price of something to "compete". Usually you'd lower the price of your wares to compete with someone elses wares. My guess is that virtual vinyl TCV would be compatible but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Also, I don't think it possible at all to enable different vinyls to work via plugin. Specific vinyls support would probably be hardcoded into the program itself.

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 2:04 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jump to the Numark : WHY ???
I´m happy with Vdj , I can use it with any soundcard !!!
If I have a problem with my soundcard I can use any other -

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 2:19 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
nowhere in the world will you get an active support team and forum like this one...especially for such an already great product

VDJ!

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 2:27 am
Virtual DJ Solution costs £250.
Serato Scratch Live costs £440.
Final Scratch costs £530.

I wouldn't expect Numark to sell their solution for less than £300. Any cheaper and it may give the impression that it's lacking in quality especially as it offers features such as video mixing. Numark don't want to associate a product with such potential in a new market with high growth as being the budget solution, this is professional gear and it needs a price tag to match that.

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 2:31 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Other than a skin and an interface the only difference between VDJ 4 and the VV product is that future updates are not gauranteed to be free and there is no gaurantee that all the features of the orignal program will be available

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 3:12 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
but then there is the angle that a dedicated interface would be less likeley to glitch or whatever else but theres no reason why VDJ and a good interface should be glitchy or unstable.

Oh and numark are blatenly gonna price it at or above the others because it can do video.

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 3:14 am
I wouldn't prefer the Numark product for any other reason than their soundcard. I would really like to have a soundcard with phono pre-amps and a hardware bypass function... Partly because I play regular vinyl myself, and also because I often team up with DJ's that only play regualar vinyl. VDJ should licence that product and brand it with the VDJ-logo. They get ur software, u get their hardware...

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 5:07 am
But the Numark is ZERO latency,.. according to their website.

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 6:35 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
u can have 1 ms latency with some soundcards .

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 9:21 pm
I will just wait until Numark is releasing the announced products. I dont think I will buy the software, however the sound card may usefull. I'm just very curious about the iCDX.
Ewout

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 10:06 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
"ZERO latency,.. " is marketing bs..

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 10:10 pm
There is nothing like ZERO latency... :) Close to zero, and anyways... the same as VDJ :) of course...

----------------
@sjursjur

There is a recommended soundcard for VDJ with preamp that works a lot like the Numark soundcard.

Check out U46dj (gives you about the features as Numark soundcard) :
http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=60

--------------------
One reason I do like the Numark package, is that its a PACKAGE :) with same logo on skin, vinyls AND soundcard..... and its Numark, a well known dj hardware brand;) looks damn cool for sure...

But I'm gonna stick to VDJ, as it has more features and more controller and soundcard options.
And who knows what upgrade policy Numark will have for the future:) And the VDJ community is the best there is ;)

Mensajes Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 10:42 pm
Takk for tipset, Norway, but as I has mentioned in other threads the U46DJ has not got an option to adjust the input volume, wich has been reported to cause problems with certain cartridges (high output ones), besides it has no bypass function (hardware bypass) so basically I am kind of sceptical to that product (especially since I've had a lot of compatibility problems with my Maya44 USB which is also a ESI/Audiotrak product).

Mensajes Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 12:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)