Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Behringer BCD2000 Feedback

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I picked up the BCD2000 from my supplier yesterday. After playing around manually assigning the MIDI no's to the functions for over 6hrs I finally gave up. I could not find any way to get the LED's to light on the BCD2000 in conjunction with the MIDI commands. As stated before, it is not possible to assign the cue/jog/scratch wheel to any function as they used incremental MIDI values (+1, -1, etc.). The pitch MIDI control was backwards. Master volume is not assignable. PFL mix control is not assignable, etc. I did get some of the more basic functions to work....and they seemed to work pretty well (when VDJ didn't lock up).

After turning on the 'advanced' setting in the BCD2000 driver (supposedly to turn on LED control), I found that you had to hit each button twice to turn the LED on/off. The quality of the unit is average (it is Behringer after all), and that is what I expected. One major flaw that I found is that VDJ just stops playing randomly when you have this unit hooked up. This could be due to an incorrect MIDI assignment, but I do not believe so.

I did load the DJ software that came with the unit (B-DJ) just to see if all of the functions worked as advertised. I found the latency to be negligible (on the lowest ASIO setting), however the sound quality was terrible about 50% of the time. Not sure what was happening there and I didn't really care anyhow. The scratch function was OK. Wheel is a little small and the sensitivity is not that great. Certainly better than using the mouse! Havn't tried the 'talkover' mic function yet. Not going to do too much more with this until there is some stability with the BCD2000 and VDJ (hopefully soon?). ;-)

My 2 cents....this unit is very new to the marketplace and the VDJ dev team will have to decide whether or not they are going to provide native support for the BCD2000. I hope so, because if we can work through the quirky issues, I believe that this could be a good low cost option.

Mensajes Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 10:21 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Thank you for your post :) It seems that VDJ is not ready yet fot this console. Maybe in version 4?! ;)

Maybe we have to wait to new drivers as the console is very new.

Mensajes Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 11:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)