Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: DJ Mixer without X-fade

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm thinking about getting a new mixer and since i mostly mix old-school songs and do beat mixing with new i almost never use the cross-fader.

So i'm looking for a mixer without the x-fader, does that exist ? Or i'm i the only one in universe that doesn't use the cross-fader ?

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 1:05 pm
You can use the Hercules MK2 and disable the function for the crossfader.

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 1:27 pm
I use an external mixer today and i want to continue to do that. Mixing on the Herc is not really fun . To Small, bad EQ, no Eq-"kill" functions etc . I just want the feeling of an external "Pro"-mixer . But without the X-Fader.

Sure i could buy a 19" club mixer with Fader-Post function, but that's overkill i think.

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 1:30 pm
99% of DJ mixers in the world have crossfader :) most of studio and broadcast mixers don't have crossfader but... you don't really want to work with that :) just buy some good quality DJ mixer and forget about X fader :) there are some >2ch DJ mixers on which you have "assing x-fader" function, so if you don't assing any channels on x-fader, he will not work :)

then you can take it from mixer and paint those lines and shut the hole and you will not have fader :) just kidding

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 2:04 pm
Started to mix in the early 80's and have worked a lot with radio. That migh be the "problem" for me, since i'm used to mix without the X-fader.

But i just love My Gemini 10" mixer, if only the X-fader wasn't there.

Well , i might be the only one not using the X-fader for mixing and the normal faders as just "gain"-controlls. ;-)

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 2:19 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My Tascam mixer has a crossfader, but I've never used it, I leave it switched off...

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 2:34 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you really don't use it at all and don't want to resell your mixer in the end, just remove it... Open the mixer plate, un-plug the cross-fader (usually when unpluged, both decks can be heared), and un-screw it from the mixer.

Then re-mount the plate, yes there will be a hole but nothing to hit by error and kill a mix.

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 2:35 pm
@ Slash4:

That could be an idea, but i think i then will look for another mixer with smallest possible X-fader and check if it works without it.

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 2:49 pm
Pern, there are dozens of DJ mixers without a crossfader. Almost all rotary DJ mixers are crossfaderless.

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 8:00 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'm not sure but i think i unplugged a fader once and it stays in whatever position that it was unplugged in. So if you do try it make sure it's in the middle, also might depend on the mixer.

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 8:36 pm
I just searched "rotary dj mixer" on google and sure enuf,. dozens of crossfaderless DJ mixers show up.

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 8:45 pm
Mix93fmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
As previously said - Most DJ mixers have crossfaders, but like you, I started Djing in the 80s on a Rane and just never used a crossfader. Just make sure to always check the mixer before you work (in a club setting), in case a DJ before you used the crossfader. I've been caught a couple of times, cuing up a song, going to put the fader up & nothing - all because someone had left the crossfader engaged!

Mensajes Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 2:18 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are accustomed to old style mixers, don't want an Xfader and also concerned with EQ quality then you will probably happiest with a small studio-type mixer. Many nowadays have stereo channels, and you also get other capabilities that you don't normally get with DJ mixers, such as one or more FX busses, balance control, Aux bus, inserts, etc. They are generally a bit bulkier than most DJ mixers, but the sound quality is also generally higher because they are primarily targeted towards the recording market... there are exceptions of course.

Mensajes Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 7:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)