Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Questions on laptop specs for VDJ use only

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

combi06Home userMember since 2006
Hello...i'm an amateur DJ and i only dj at friends' parties and stuff like that but nothing serious...i am in the process of buying a laptop exclusively for VDJ Only. I have my eyes on this computer but i dont know if the specs are ideal for VDJ. My plans are to buy VDJ 3.4 Software and the Hercules DJConsole MK2 (I already have the speakers). Can somebody tell me if i should go with this laptop and if i need any other equipment besides what im planning on buying? Oh by the way I will not be storing my music files on the hard drive...instead i'm going to set up a network and get them from there...would this be a good idea?

Computer Brand -------------------------------ACER
Operating Systems ----------------------------Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
Platform Learn More Notebook PC
Expansion Ports -------------------------------1 - Type II PC Card Slot
Processor Brand ------------------------------AMD
Processor Class -------------------------------Sempron™
Processor Speed -----------------------------1.8Ghz
Memory Type ---------------------------------DDR
Memory Size ----------------------------------512MB (256MB x 2)
Memory Speed --------------------------------DDR333 (PC2700)
Memory Slots ---------------------------------(Total) 2
Memory Slots ---------------------------------(Available) 0
Capacity ---------------------------------------60GB
Optical Drive Type ----------------------------CD-RW / DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Graphics Description -------------------------Integrated Graphics
GPU/VPU --------------------------------------SiSM760GX chipset with integrated Mirage™2 graphics
Communications Description ----------------Integrated Modem
Integrated LAN
Integrated Wireless LAN
Interface Type -------------------------------Acer InviLink 802.11b/g wireless LAN
Width -----------------------------------------14.3"
Height ----------------------------------------1.5"
Depth -----------------------------------------11.0"
Weight ---------------------------------------6.2 lbs
Display Type ---------------------------------WXGA TFT LCD with Crystal Bright Technology
Viewable Screen Size -----------------------15.4"

Thanx a lot

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 7:04 pm
I don't own a laptop, but would just like you to do a search of these boards. Do not rush to buy anything. One of our laptop experts will be with you shortly.

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 7:16 pm
Are you planning on mixing music videos with this laptop?

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 7:58 pm
Yes...mixing music videos is also in my plans...though i'd say i'll probably be mixing music 80 percent of the time

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 9:25 pm
I dont think the integrated graphic card is all up for the video-mix task...
maybe enough for the small window mixing on the pc, but hardware acceleration and mixing through tv-out might not work well

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 9:33 pm
thanx a lot for all your comments...i really appreciate ur help...concerning the videos i won't be doing much of this on the laptop...it will mainly be mixing music...do you think this laptop would be up to the task?

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 9:46 pm
the specs look fine for mixing music. i'm sure you'll be pleased with the performance. however, i'll have to warn you that you won't be mixing videos 20% of the time, at least not high quality videos on the tv output. you'll be mixing videos 0% of the time.

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 10:10 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes "SiSM760GX chipset with integrated Mirage™2 graphics " seems to be the bad thing in this computer

Personnaly i won't buy it. And you don't have enough information about it to have an idea of it : chipset ? L2 cache? HD rpm? HD with IDE or SATA?

Mensajes Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 3:35 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yeah L2 cache on a Sempron 64 is usually 128 or 256..aka very little. They are AMD's "Celeron" I'm not knocking it , but if your looking to spend money on a quality laptop thats gonna last through many gigs go with a higher end CPU wether that be Amd or Intel. Make sure that it has a nice graphics card too I would go with Ati or Nvidia, too bad laptops don't have a matrox card.

Mensajes Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 5:44 pm
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you're buying a laptop, get an IBM.
Anything else will cause you problems sooner or later.

Mensajes Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 6:29 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)