Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Please help with video

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello, I'm new to Virtual DJ and have only just recently been inducted into the digital relm. I'm currently using Tricerasoft Swift Elite for video and audio mixing, but have tried the trial version of VDJ and love it. I will buy the full version if I can get video to work.

When trying to load a video in MPEG 1 format I get an error message "virtualDJtrial.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

I have no problems playing video, or karaoke through Swift Elite so I'm assuming this is just a configuration problem.

Please help, Thank you,
Tim Gillner

Mensajes Tue 16 May 06 @ 8:41 pm

Mensajes Tue 16 May 06 @ 9:06 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try re installing the trial and aslo , what are your specs?

Mensajes Tue 16 May 06 @ 9:23 pm

Ok, bought the full version, and video still doesn't work. Still getting the same error message.

Specs...

3.0 Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
4.0 GB RAM
1300 GB HD
ASUS video3D card

Thank you for your replies so far,

Tim

Mensajes Tue 16 May 06 @ 10:20 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
firstly i advise you to firstly put your serial number on your profile

blimey sounds like a beast

3 ghz
and 4 gig of ram
terabite drive

is it a server ?

that spec should be more than enough to run it

Try unticking Hardware Excelaration on the video settings

and ensuring that you have the latest codec pack installed for all your videofiles
you can download a free pack of them from here.
http://www.theorica.net/codecs.htm

if this fails

and then contact support ,
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

Mensajes Tue 16 May 06 @ 11:14 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"Try unticking Hardware Acceleration on the video settings"
>> No it will be worse for the CPU usage

Mensajes Wed 17 May 06 @ 12:11 am
skyfxl,

It is a beast... It it's in 4 U rackmount case and is part of an install in a small/med. club playing mostly videos... Top 40, old school, country... 6 nights a week. We opened about 2 weeks ago and have been going strong. I'm just not happy the software "Swift Elite" that I'm currently using and hoping VDJ will be an improvement.

I did what you said and downloaded and installed the codecs. Rebooted and tried again a couple times with and without "harware acceleration" checked. Same error message...

Any more ideas anyone?
I will submit it to support...

Tim

Mensajes Wed 17 May 06 @ 12:12 am
Are there any other MPEG files you can try? What sometimes is useful for MPEG decoding is to download a free trial of Cyberlink PowerDVD and that will default as the main MPEG decoder. This gives no problem for me with Virtual DJ.

Mensajes Wed 17 May 06 @ 8:12 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
change the encoder mpg and mpeg files open with to windows media and see if it still happens i had that problem with badly encoded mpg's

Mensajes Wed 17 May 06 @ 5:28 pm
Thanks to all that answered... got it to work by changing the file encoder to just video instead of windows media player like it defaulted to when installed.

Works well ...

Tim

Mensajes Thu 18 May 06 @ 11:47 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)