Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: HDJ MKII questions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hey all..

a while ago, a strange thing happened to me while i was setting up for a party..

i connected my herc up and got the cables all routed and for some reason the output was not coming..

i got that problem solved tho.. and thats not my point..

somewhere during this process, the jog dials on the console did not behave normally, in that they did not scratch.. instead, they worked like the jog dials on the denon 2500, and just wound down the song and sped it up depending on the direction i spun it... since that was not what i wanted at that time, i fixed it..somehow... but i have not been able to recreate that effect.. i find it quite useful at times and would like to use it in the mix from time to time..

is it possible to have this behaviour or was it just an anomaly caused by low power supply or something, an if it is possible, can i switch behaviours during the mix??

not a life or death situation, but intriguing nonetheless..

also,

i got an independant power suply for the console but how do i know that it is taking the power from the adapter and not the computer... my comp has a 400W smps so i have not experienced any tell tale glitches, except maybe the above one..lol..

thirdly,

a funny thing happens when i am in the mix and i set the fx selector triangle button thingy to cue.. then, no matter which number i press, both decks stop playing and the number button works as a cue stop button.. when i press it the song on the other deck plays and stops when i release it .. seeing as i dont use the cue from the console, its not a problem, but i would like to rectify it all the same.. firmware probelm or just a mapping glitch or something..

thanks for patiently reading my grievances... and thanks for helping me out..

cheers

DJ Rudra

Mensajes Fri 19 May 06 @ 9:14 pm
Config > Remote Control > Use Jogs to Scratch
Disabling this feaure should give the effect you mentioned.

Not sure about the other things though.

Mensajes Fri 19 May 06 @ 9:23 pm
thank you for that prompt reply..

cheers

Mensajes Fri 19 May 06 @ 9:33 pm
hi..

also, this asio business is quite beyond me..
i cant seem to get the right setting.. at the current setting there is no lag on the in scratch, if you know what i mean but the out scratch lags.. in that the track seems to slip like a cartoon chase starting up and then proceeds..

i have an AMD 64 3000 with 1.2 gig ram and a herc mk2.. can anyone advise settings??

cheers

DJ Rudra

Mensajes Fri 19 May 06 @ 9:43 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

You can try ASIO settings in between 8ms and 25ms... 17ms seems to be fine for that. This will depend on your system response. Lower ASIO latency, means faster response to the whole system (using TCVs of course).

hope this helps,

Mensajes Sat 20 May 06 @ 11:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)