Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DJ CONSOLE MKI - Sound Quality Poor

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have been playing (mostly weddings) with my dj console mkI and have noticed that the sound quality is not up to par. When I really notice the diference is when I fade from my cd player (DCDPRO-400) to the VDJ setup. I run both my cd player and my djc into a mixer, and the cd player by far sounds better. Not sure if others are having this problem or if its an issue with the sound card in the djc?
I also noticed that the volume will not go as lound as it will when I play CDs and the djc uses a lot more fo the amp than CDs?

Any suggestions or comments?

Mensajes Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 1:12 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have DJC and volume is really lower than on cd-players, but i can't notice the difference using cd-players and DJC in sound! DJC has really great sound card inside. For me is the sound perfect. Check for lastest drivers for DJC.

Mensajes Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 7:11 am
The MK1 has too low output. The original dj console was not designed to suit for professional use. So an external mixing board was not something that was priority. After many suggestions they realized that a newer version of the dj console would find its way to a pro environment, so they did a major improvement on the sound card. The only solution thus: buy an MKII and experience the better sound, the better hardware quality (better faders, better buttons, better jogwheels).

Mensajes Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 1:41 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i think that jogs and faders are the same on MK2. sound card is changed, look is changed and buttons are shanged. Don't really know about sound quality improvements, but i have MK1 connected to Denon 300 mixer and gain just a little more than in the middle (to achive 0db). It works great! I can't notice difference in sound quality using denon cd-players.

Mensajes Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 11:30 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If u use a laptop, try to remove the ground wire of ur power supply.
Then, rip the same cd audio track into wav file @ 44100 hz 16bit stereo and play it with virtualdj. Put the high-knobs of ur hercules just 2 or 3 millimeter more than middle position and leave the others in the middle position. Set the volume at maximun value, leaving the gain at 0db.
After that, set equalization of ur external mixer and u'll have almost the same quality of ur cdplayer.
Of course if u use mp3 ripped in a bad way (44Khz, 128kbps) it will sound bad. Mp3 use a
lossy-algorithm that cut off some frequencies that normal ears don't heard. More compression means more frequencies cutted off. If u don't want compression, u can use wav files, but trust me, if u rip @ 44Khz, 320Kbps, u will notice some improvement. BTW Hercules Mk1 has a good sound card inside. Buttons are bad in both mk1 and mk2 (If u look @ my blog there is a link i've posted for modify them with microswitch) and jogwheel works good in my mk1.
Peace,
DjKad :-)

Mensajes Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 3:36 pm
GO TO HERCULES CONTROL PANNEL

- Turn both sliders UP for outgoing volume (set as low as default)

that will make hercules almost at same level as all other dj hardware;)

Hope that helps;)

Mensajes Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 11:10 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)