Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Help With TCV Video Mixing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

wbricePRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've posted this same topic in both hardware and software forums because this question i feel pertains to both. I appoligize if that is inappropriate.

Ok I bought the hercules dj console the week it came out I liked using it for my preshow music. I have the pioneer DVJ-x1's and the whole pioneer video set up but I don't want to use it out. I bought the mk2 and the full version of virtualdj and also the maya44usb that I've seen was suggested. I've also built two computer sepcificly for use with Virtual DJ to do video (and plan on putting it in every club that I'm responsible for). All that back store aside here's my question. What are my options for configuration using a 64 bit 3.5 ghz desktop with two gigs memory the mk2 (or maya cause I have both) to be able to mix videos using Virtualdj and being able to control them via TCV using the CDJ-1000 (that i don't mind getting drinks spilt on). My problems to this point has been with the headphone control which was answered in the post about external mixers but my new concern is having to move the video fader manually ever time. is there a way I can change that on the mk2 to be controlled with the crossfader or is there a better options that I'm missing? Thx to everyone that takes the time to read this post or help with their advice.

Mensajes Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 1:14 pm
Yes the video crossfader can be controlled manually OR together with the main crossfader. Go to Settings, Video, and check or uncheck LINKED CROSSFADER.

Mensajes Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 7:34 pm
Thxs for your help but that really wasn't my question completely. what's the best way to configure this setup. Harware? Configuration? Wdm or Asio? what sound card settings? If I lock my crossfader to use two channels can I remap the crossfader to control ONLY the video crossfader? thx again for your help I hope I was more clear on my question this time.

Mensajes Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 9:07 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you use the console mapper i belive you can chose to have the crossfader control whatever you want, same with any other button.

Mensajes Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 3:42 am
Whats the control mapper? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Mensajes Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 12:53 pm
Hi,

The mapper is a plug-in you can download from the downloads section, it lets you change the functions of the buttons and sliders on the hercules. So you could make the crossfader just do the video.

What your trying to do sounds similar to how i've got mine set up, so feel free to pm me with any questions.

Mensajes Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 5:42 pm
also, i use asio drivers, because i think they have less lantancy, which makes it easier to beat mix with.

Mensajes Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 5:50 pm

Mensajes Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 8:13 pm
I've tried to do everything on the forum and still am having problems. I don't understand how the mapper works at all is there a tutorial on it?

I have a ton of Questions and any help would be emensly apperciated.

Heck I don't even know if this is possible but I want to be able to mix videos using TCV (actually CDJ-1000's or a rack mounted CD player) and control the video crossfader with the crossfader of the mk2. And leave the actual cross fader for audio locked.

I've tried to use the Mk2 to do time coded CD's but havent had any success with it. Either i hear both channels out of one side or the time coding extremely lags. I own the mk1 mk2 and the maya44usb so If you know of an easier way to get this type of set up done I'm more then happy to do whatever it takes.

Thx for any and all help!

Wyatt Brice

Mensajes Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 2:32 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The DJC Mapper works like the keyboard shortcuts:
1) Select your item (which is a button) on the DJC drawing
2) Affect a function and a value
3) Press the button"apply" to save the change

Mensajes Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 12:39 pm
Ok that exactly how I thought it worked and I've used it that way but when I set up the mk2 audio fader to only control the video fader and move it it toggles between the the 1 and 2 headphones assignments on the program. So I feel I must be doing something wrong. You seem to be the master here so I'm wanting to control virtualdj with TCCD using my CDJ-1000's doing music videos while locking the audio fader and controling the video fader with the mk2. Is this the best way to go about this or am I reiventing the wheel? Is there an easier way to acomplish the same thing? I also owner the maya44usb if that makes any of this easier. Also I'm willing to purchase whatever I need to make this reliable. Thanks for your help.

Mensajes Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 2:22 pm
Ok I've got a new question I have both the maya44usb and the hercules mk2 which is the better sound card?

Mensajes Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 12:33 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)