Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: HUGE FILES

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

m13163Home userMember since 2006
When i record my mix, tha track is a huge file!!! Does any1 know hw 2 mke tha file size smaller

Mensajes Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 2:25 pm
If you record in .wav, the file will be really huge, depending of the time you were recording, then you can encode it to MP3 and it will be smaller.

Mensajes Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 3:56 pm
In WAV it's quite big - if you download the LAME plugin, you can record them in MP3 - the lowest bitrate is 48 kbps, I believe - but that sounds like it's coming down the phone. I did some at 64 kbps and transferred them to my media player (Sony) and converted them to 48 kbps and it plays fine.

The higher the bitrate, the better the sound quality - the drawback being that recording at high bitrates means you can't put much in the computer's memory - you need to compromise between computer memory and sound quality - ultimately transfer the mix on to a CD or media player - with my Sony one, you need to import into SonicStage at about 64 kbps, then transfer it at 48 kbps - no loss in sound quality using this method. Recording at 48 kbps makes it sound like Dial-A-Disc!

Mensajes Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 2:47 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)