Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Video files - loading into VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been using VDJ for a while now to mix music video on my laptop and always wanted the files to load quicker. It takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a full minute to load a video file (depending on it's size, of course)--which can REALLY be valuable time lost in the dj world. Though I haven't really run into any problems with this, it can be annoying when I want to get creative with a particular mix.

But anyway...I've got a Dell Inspiron 6000 with 1.60 Ghz Pentium M processor, 1 Gb RAM, and an integrated Intel 915GM video card. All files are coming from a Maxtor One-Touch 300-gig external hard drive. (Should I be using two separate drives or is one sufficient?) Is my setup running the way it should or have I been missing out?

Any input would be appreciated.

Mensajes Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 5:22 am
Could be the Pentium 1.6, or the graphics card. I too have a Pentium 1.6 with the same graphics card and have problems. You need to have a better graphics card to attempt to play video. I bet there are some users that have made it work and I too would like to know how they did it. Cheers Brian

Mensajes Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 6:54 am
Actually my guess would be the USB transfer and the fact that you are only running @ 1.6 ghz in addition to your CPU doing the majority of the video work. Remember VDJ is doing a LOT of things, but gives priority to the music or video playing. VDJ will use as much CPU possible to load the video quickly, but if you don't have the horsepower it will be slow, no matter what. Usually laptops with Intel onboard graphics will rely on the CPU to do much of the work for it. Where an NVIDIA or ATI chipset will offload the graphics work to the card itself to free the main CPU for other things. (Like loading your video.)

Mensajes Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 5:04 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
are u tranfering at 2.0 usb speeds? might have to do with the external tranfer speeds

Mensajes Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 9:27 pm
The 6000's have four USB 2.0 ports.

Mensajes Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 9:36 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
more usb's don't make it faster try a video from ur internal hd and see how that does

Mensajes Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 1:47 am
discobrian24 wrote :
Could be the Pentium 1.6, or the graphics card. I too have a Pentium 1.6 with the same graphics card and have problems. You need to have a better graphics card to attempt to play video. I bet there are some users that have made it work and I too would like to know how they did it. Cheers Brian

Agreed, it is probably the combination of a slow cpu and using a graphics card not designed for this sort of task.

Mensajes Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 8:51 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)