Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Demo User trying to understand broadcast

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

learnedPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am currently demoing VDJ as well as SAM as an alternative to Winamp for my broadcasting via shoutcast. I went into Record, and configured my shoutcast server info using the lame_enc.dll encoder. When I try to broadcast, I get:

Broadcast Error
Encoder Error

I haven't found any doc, but from reading some of the messages I think this may be because I'm a demo user. Can someone confirm that?

Also, I will want to integrate a USB mic, which I can do in WINAMP as well as SAM by using thier onboard mixers as opposed to taking the direct soundcard feed. If I purchase VDJ, will that be possible here as well?

If this stuff is written up somewhere, a point in that direction would be nice too.

Thanks
Gary

Mensajes Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 8:55 pm
I have gotten thru the above problem, but now am at a point where I get

Connected to Server
Waiting to Start

It will sit there for up to an hour before I kill it and stream nothing. If I check the server side stats is shows that it is receiving nothing and still down. I've tried this with a couple of different streams to no avail.

I really like VDJ, and would like to buy it, but without being able to insure that it will support shoutcast streams and USB microphone interface, I can't afford the risk, Can anyone address this? I've also sent in notes to Support.

Mensajes Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 6:15 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've broadcasted many sets using VDj & external mixer without any problem. What I do though is run the shoutcast plug-in inside Winamp, and have it record my line-in back from mixer. If you manage to connect that plug-in to the shoutcast server and broadcast, it shouldn't be no problem with VDj itself (uses the same method).

Did you try broadcasting 'from my own computer' (no need for shoutcast server) or only the 'broadcast to radio server'?

Regards.

Mensajes Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 6:54 pm
I have tried both broadcast from my own and broadcast to radio server. In bothcases I can get a connection established message, but no stream begins. I don't know if this is a restriction on the trial or a problem. Since I don't have an external mixer, I would prefer being able to go direct out of VDJ if possible.

Mensajes Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 9:46 pm
disable the auto-start option.

Mensajes Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 10:08 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You don't requiere an external mixer, I just explained that it works even in such (let's say) more complicated examples. I don't think this is a restricted feature in demo, but I guarantee it definately works with full version (to answer one of your questions).

You might have missed the option that Karloptimux mentioned (though it should connect when playing the first track).

Mensajes Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 11:23 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)