Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Migrating From FinalScratch

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Ohm_RSAPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello All!

I am a potential new user from South Africa.

I currently use FinalScratch 1.5, and despite what you may have heard I have had minimal problems with it. It's been a worthwhile purchase for me and has been stable.

Now I am already sold on VDJ, purely because of the functionality and range of things I can do with the software, my main concern is the stability of the time coded vinyl solution. I have searched thru these forums and it seems to be a common issue that the TVC solution is not that great. Does anyone have any concrete experience with this and more particularly is anyone able to give me a comparison between FS1.5 and VDJ in terms of the TCV solution?

Just to add I have been looking around at all the other solutions available, FS2, Serato, Traktor3 and VDJ seems like the one to get!

Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 12:41 pm
With the right soundcard setup Virtual DJ and TCV can work wonders! If you're not sold yet maybe this will win you over completely. The implementation is so good that Numark is using it in their own forthcoming Virtual Vinyl product which will compete directly with FS and SSL :-)

There are some comparisons to FS and SSL across the forums, but I'm sure some users who have both will post up their experiences for you, as well as being the best software, Virtual DJ also has the best community ;-)

Mensajes Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 12:46 pm
And you can try yourself (cd players only). Download the timecode mp3, make sure you have an Asio sound card. The demo allows you to only use 1 deck, but that should be enough to test if it is working for you.
I think it is quite good, especially for beat matching. If you use it for scratching it sometimes sound a little digital. Note that timecode / sound quality is improved in the upcoming version 4.
Ewout

Mensajes Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 10:56 pm

Quote :
Note that timecode / sound quality is improved in the upcoming version 4.

Which is free. Did I mention that our video features are far superior than all the others?

Mensajes Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 7:01 am
Ohm_RSAPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Right then, guess who took the plunge! Had to get it before the exchange rate went to hell even more. Will let you know how things pan out when I get my vinyls!

Mensajes Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 10:19 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Welcome, right choice !

Mensajes Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 7:26 pm
Welcome, good choice, happy spinning.
Ewout

Mensajes Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 12:38 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)