Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DJ Console or traditional mixing table?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi I got a question.

Should I buy DJ Cosole MK2 or use a normal mixing table if I want to use VDJ.

Some say that I should start with a normal mixing table and then buy DJ cosole if I stay at it.

I got 2 sound cards so there is no problem with that.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 06 @ 5:45 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
DJC and mixer are 2 different things. DJC is a controller that let you controll VDJ like faders, crossfader, EQ buttons, etc. Mixer is hardware and has nothing to do with VDJ. It accepts signals and that's all. (something else are midi mixers).

So you have to decide to using controller or mixer. If you buy mixer you won't be able to controll the song in VDJ (you will have to push play, cue, efx buttons, everything with keyboard and mpouse).
If you buy DJC you will have buttnons and mixer in it. DJC is software mixer. It just send signals to VDJ to move slirers, EQ buttons in VDJ itself.

I would recommend you DJC MK2 rather than only external mixer because you will need something to controll songs. And DJS is actually mixer too!
You can always buy external mixer and connect it to DJC if you like hardware mixer. DJS has great sound card in it, even better than most internal sound cards.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 06 @ 6:28 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Seconded.... if you're going to be using a hardware mixer, you'll also need a good soundcard, as well as some kind of controller, such as a DAC 2 or 3 for example. This can be kinda expensive if you're just starting out!

For the price of a decent soundcard, the DJC mk2 is all of those things - controller, mixer and soundcard, and does a pretty good job. Don't be put off by it's size, it looks like a bit of a toy, but it's actually quite a powerful piece of kit. Even if you later upgrade to a full hardware system, you'll be glad you bought the DJC. I use a purpose built full console system, but I always carry a laptop and DJC as backup should something go wrong.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jun 06 @ 9:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)