Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VDJ Crashes while playing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am having a problem with VDJ crashing when I am playing and a blue screen which flashes briefly which says something about memory problems. The computer then reboots itself and I have to start over again. This only happens when I minimize the VDJ screen to look at something else on my desktop. I am going to defrag my hardrive but does anyone else have any suggestions.

Thanks,
DJ Doug

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 8:00 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Problems with your hardware configuration. Check RAM if works ok and graphic card. Maybe try to update graphic drivers and update windows. VDJ has nothing to do with this problem. Do you have problems when playing games too maybe?

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 8:09 pm
Dawgfan, can we get an idea of what type of hardware you are working with? Also what version of Windows are you using and how long have you been running your machine with that version of Windows? A lot of the time there may be a conflict with another program, drivers need updating, or the whole operating system needs a refresh. VDJ does a lot of things, and requires your system be running in tip top shape (Virus & adware free, plenty of memory and hard drive space.). Let us know and we can help you better.

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 8:32 pm
How do I check the ram on my laptop and what and I am looking for and how would I fix it if it is ram and I do not play games on this computer

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 8:32 pm
Posting @ the same time again. (Im seem to do that a lot.) See above. ------^

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 8:33 pm
try ro play some full screen game. If it happen again, reinstall windows, update it and install lastest drivers.

How much ram do you have?

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 8:36 pm
Dell D600
1.40 ghz
512 ram
Windows XP SP2
Intel Processor1400 Mhz
40 gig hardrive

I hope this helps

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 8:50 pm
Next time you get the bluescreen take a note of the windows stop error code. Probably a device overheating or a driver conflict, usually the latter.

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 9:55 pm
i didn't find the solution at my desktop when this happened :) i just reinstall windows and it was ok, but Andrew87 is correct.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 12:31 am
Did some research over @ CNET and found that some users complained about this particular laptop overheating. Here is the link:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_Latitude_D600/4852-3121_7-20906166-1.html?tag=nav

Dawgfan, I would suggest trying to raise the latop a little to give it more room the breathe. It is quite possible as another user said earlier that your notebook is just overheating and crashing.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 1:51 pm
very possible.. But remember the msg when it happen again.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 1:54 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dawg,

Until you get your hardware issue worked out, try keeping VDJ windowed, not maximized.
I have found that when maximizing a skin that is not sized for your display, the display will actually switch resolution modes when minimizing or accessing anything outside VDJ. This is memory and CPU intensive, in addition to generating extra heat.

There are ways to resize a skin so that it fills your screen without having to maximize it. See the skins forum for more details if you're interested.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 5:25 pm
personally i was playing with windows and VDJ and 2 days ago I noticed that
task/process manager showed 140 megabytes for vdj. when i minimised it. It dropped to 8. But VM size stayed too high. Maybe you have also bad memory and/or bad settings for pagefile. (anyway I have now disapled pagefile and have 1 gig of memory with only 80 megabytes used when nothing is running)

Optimised minimised XP sp2 for VDJ, mail, and browsing.

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 8:05 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
u can also get a laptop cooler for about 30 dollars on ebay or a Pc store

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 9:44 pm
I had problems with my laptop overheating. Cooler pads are not the solution though, whilst the do blow air on it, it still actually obstructs the fan, resulting in a slightler longer period of use before overheating.

I just got a stand from www.coollaptopstand.co.uk, and it's fantastic. Ok, maybe a little pricey for a bit of aluminium but if it does the job, then it's worth every penny.

Mensajes Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 5:03 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
thats just always gonna be a headache with laptops..so small for the amount of air they can circulate internally

Mensajes Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 9:14 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)