Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: First Night with VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well having had the return of my DAC 3 controller tonight was the first night i got to use VDJ on the road and have to say it all went well, a few teething problems, mainly me fannying around not knowing what to do. A few things which i didn't like but they were minor compared to PCDJ but still hopefully can resolve here on the forum.
Had problems setting up the MAYA 44 usb soundcard, so im going to have another mess later with it.
My only gripe is the taging of the mp3 files, some were fine others were not, i'll have to do some searching within the forum.
The best thing of all is that it didn't crash when doing nothing unlike PCDJ (God if a got a pound for the number of times when just loading a track then the damn program would crash, i'd be well off but not rich).
So thumbs up.
Looking forward to 3.5 or 4.0

Chuffed to bits

Craig E ;))))

Mensajes Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 3:20 am
Hi,

Glad it went well! :)

Just incase you haven't read about this, prehaps the reason you were having problems with the tags is that when you do a search, VDJ only searches using exact file names (not ID3 tags. )

If this is the problem, the best thing to do is to get all your media files named "artist- title.mp3" . The easiest way to do this is using one of the filename parser programs you can download from here.

Mensajes Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 11:05 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
That's because you haven't got the right DLL. I've got weird filenames on some files given from others (I ALWAYS fix them later), but the DLL I've got reads from ID3 v2 and v1 if they're avilable.
AND REMEMBER: a GOOD pratice is renaming both filenames and tags. This way your database will always be well-sorted.

Mensajes Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 3:55 pm
djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've got the file name for the mp3 as the artist then title of the song and are tagged too.
Some are artist. title (name of the mix)
Some are artist - title (name of the mix)

It doesn't matter which one i've used as either one is fine but it's just some put the artist (author) in with the title and there is too many to retype, does anyone know of a program to sort these tracks out?

Thanks in advance

Craig E

Mensajes Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 8:14 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
mp3 tag studio will sync the tags to filenames.

Mensajes Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 8:52 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)