Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Music Database

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I would like to see improvements to the sort functions in the database.

I would like to be able to create (more) userdefined fields and then assign advanced search parameters. I currently run excell at the same time as VDJ to help me sort music and build requests. For me, my primary sort field is not (usually) 'BPM', it is 'ENERGY' then BPM (within any given genre or playlist) I also have a flag field for 'TOP HITS'. I create the 'power hour' playlist with 1 button...

Mensajes Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 4:33 am

Mensajes Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 6:13 pm
Also asked (many times) before. It is already stated that VDJ will support id3 tags better in the future. Maybe not 4.0 but 4.1, time will tell.
Ewout

Mensajes Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 11:49 pm
...just not quite what I had in mind. If upgrades are at the early stages of developement I think my dbase system is worth looking at. I just (spent 12 hours) added a thorough description my excel d base system to my blog. It is the bestway for me to describe what I do (and want to). Or maybe id3 tags are much more powerful than I thought. I believe the tutorial to be worth checking though...

Vampiric (Energy) Mixing: Playlist Programming (advanced considerations, working model & excel screen shot) @ http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/DJTroy/?category=2 (Pro users only ;))

PS: Even as it is, this software rocks. Thanx again.

Mensajes Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 12:47 am
DJTroy,
I will read your blog this weekend, seem interesting. In my opinion Excel is nice for calculations and so on, but it is not a real "database". I also created a music database. I started in Access and upgraded later to SQL server 2000 and SQL Server 2005.
If I have questions or comments on the info in your blog I will post it here.
Ewout

Note, I like your setup a lot. Do you have some more pictures or close ups? I have also some pictures in my blog

Mensajes Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 10:56 pm
perhaps you can show be better d base options. I really don't konw that much about that world. Access just confused me... and i don't know what a SQL server is... I am always looking for new areas to research.

Mensajes Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 11:38 pm
Microsoft Access is a relational database for personal or small teams use. SQL server is the larger brother for use in mid tier and enterprise database management (others are Oracle, DB2, MySQL, ..)
If you like to start with databases, you could start with Access. Even if it looks confusing at start, you probably will like it after you get some experience. Start for example with the tutorial included (named northwind). In the microsoft website there are lots of other examples from easy to expert level using the same northwind database.
If I have some time I will try to post some info about my musicdatabase in my blog.
Ewout

Mensajes Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 12:11 am
DJTroy:

Very nice database...I actually made one similar in Access, but haven't used it much since VDJ came out and I put away the CDs. I've been trying to build play lists and organize stuff in folders. Hopefully 4.0 has some improvements. It is nice to see I'm not the only one that thought of this though:)

Mensajes Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 5:42 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If I was a bit more free, I would make a Visual basic + Visual C++ database translator, which "translates" data from the XML database to an Microsoft Jet one (like Access). As this isn't a difficult thing, I think someone will make it before me.

Mensajes Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 7:53 pm
why not just have a database tab in the prefrences where we can cutomize it

and have as many of the following options as possible.

1. parse title, artist, genre, etc. from file name.
there is a great program for this, it's called tagscanner.
you can get it for free from download.com

2. field chooser
option to show/hide and up/down every column in the db.
so if the dj has all the info in the file name, then vdj would only show that one column: filename

3. custom icons

4. whole screen button.
stretch the db to fit entire window.

5. song tool tip.
similar to the "file info" already existing.
applied with mouse over or song select. the database tab in prefrences gives the options how to display it.

6. id3 tag
support v1 and v2

7. db in another window
a resizable and customizable db window.

dj shahar
www.djshahar.com

Mensajes Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 7:47 pm
background analyze and save db after each song

have a feature to automatically analyze in the background

file extention column

mp3
wma
mpg
mpeg
wav
mp2
mp1
vob
etc.

dj shahar
www.djshahar.com

Mensajes Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 7:53 pm
dersalHome userMember since 2005
Atomix is a wonderful and powerful package. 2 improvements I would like to see are; 1) Time or length of song. Often we have a couple of versions of a track. Some longer than others. It is useful to be able to see the track length, as in Virtual DJ. 2) When searching the hard drive for new tracks, we want to be able to specify certain folders and not take ALL tracks and formats. If any skin has been developed to incorporate these facilities please let me know. I can be contacted on xxxxx@webmail.co.za. Thanks

Mensajes Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 3:39 pm
Dersal you can currently put certain folders in the database. I am speaking of 3.4 and 4.

Mensajes Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 7:54 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)