Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Uninstalling Virtual DJ Completely

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have uninstalled Virtual DJ 3.4 before installing Version 4.0 and have moved the old files away from the folder I am going to install.

I now have Version 3.4 in one folder and Version 4.0 in another, but I am afraid that this is going to cause problems in the registry. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling, my settings and favorite folders seem to stay in Version 3.4.

Since I am new to Virtual DJ, I do not care if I loose my settings or database files. I want to redetect every single song’s BPM again in version 4.0. Version 3.4 would crash after scanning many files and I would loose every single scanned BPM. I hope that Version 4.0 doesn’t do the same.

Anyway, how do I uninstall Virtual 3.4 and Version 4.0 completely? Doing this might solve some problems I am having as well.

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:08 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you want to fully uninstall 3.4, you have to add/remove programs and then empty your prefetch folder and the software key of your regedit as well. Then do a search on your whole system for anything virtual dj/vdj related and if there is anything left, wipe it too.

Then you'll have to reinstall all of the executables you have received since you bought the product (including the updates - i don't know for sure - but i think there was an update that could only go through if you had X or Y version - perhaps one of the other guys could confirm???) one by one until you get to version that you want.

If you don't care about losing all your settings and stuff i think you could just delete your .xml database and the shortcuts stuff, but it might be easier, better, and a cleaner job just to get rid of the whole lot. Although, if you have a massive music library, burn a copy of your database.xml onto a disc first, just in case. This will be especially handy if you get to the point where you can't be arsed analysing all your music again. I have a 7,000 track library, and I know for a fact that I can't be arsed doing it to mine!!!

REMEMBER TO TAKE A NOTE OF YOUR SERIAL BEFORE YOU DELETE ANYTHING!!!

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:27 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
It should install right over 3.4, your database will import, you will have to reset your sound and other settings.

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:38 pm
Pionara wrote :
If you want to fully uninstall 3.4, you have to add/remove programs and then empty your prefetch folder and the software key of your regedit as well.

Where is the prefetch folder? In the "Windows" directory? If so, everything in there can be deleted safely?

Where in the registry is it? I have searched in there and many other keys come up when I typed "Virtual DJ". I want to make sure I wipe out the correct ones.

Thanks! :-)

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:52 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
prefetch folder is in the windows folder, u might have to enbable *view sytem folders or hidden folder in the folder options tab of windows explorer , registry should be in either one or both Hkey local machine/software/virtualdj or hkey current user/software/virtualdj

just delete the whole folder in the registry

BTW yes everything in the prefetch folder can be deleted, windows just store temp info there

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:58 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)