Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Playlists????

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Can someone out there in VDJ land tell me where my playlists I had seved on my pc have gone, I spent loads of time compiling them and now they have dissapeared without trace, also my new version of VDJ (v4.0) will not record my playlosts automatically like it used to do before....Help is needed BIG TIME!!!!

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
They are still there. You need to set the favorite for them. The Favorites and Virtual Folders are stored as part of the XML database file. Here are steps to set the playlist folder...

In the Browser - click through the + Desktop .. + My Computer .. + C: .. + \\Program Files .. + \\VirtualDJ ... and right-click on the playlist folder then choose Set as Favorite

Playlist favorite is back.

Hope that helped. And yes the playlists are still being generated after each session of use and stored like before in that folder.

cstoll

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:27 pm
Brilliant!
Cheers for your help sorting that out!
Regards,
Carlos.

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 5:00 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Okay I have playlists as favoites,b ut another question.
In earlier versions, whenever you played tunes a playlist was created and automatically saved upon closing. I don't seem to find this in V 4. Is it someplace else?
I have checked playlist folder and also have gone in to various VDJ folders, but can't seem to find any.

Mensajes Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 5:07 pm
THANK YOU! I was having the same fustration. I followed your simple instruction and the play lists are back.

Mensajes Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 3:31 am
bogart wrote :
Okay I have playlists as favoites,b ut another question.
In earlier versions, whenever you played tunes a playlist was created and automatically saved upon closing. I don't seem to find this in V 4. Is it someplace else?
I have checked playlist folder and also have gone in to various VDJ folders, but can't seem to find any.

They are still created. And should be in the c:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\Playlists folder, that is if you installed v4.0 in the default location? However, since you say you looked in various VDJ folders I am going to assume you installed v4 in a seperate directory and that you have set your favorite to the folder above and that is why you don't see the new playlists.

Please let me know if I am close on my assumptioni, but the answer is Yes the playlists are still created.

cstoll

Mensajes Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 10:26 pm
cstoll Thanks
I installed VDJ to it's default, ver 3.4 was still on the system and V4 went into the same location
as v. 3.4. It appears that some of 3.4 is still on the system. I have gone to the pgm file/vdj/playlist folder and they are not there. Maybe I need to completely uninstall and do a feesh install.

Mensajes Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 2:32 pm
bogart -

I can confirm your situation - question though - did you install 4.0 ontop of your 3.4 installation.
Uninstall 3.4, then install 4.0, and then re-install 3.4 ? Have to ask because my current setup installation is 4.0 then 3.4, so just trying to see if there is a pattern.

But you are right. I will change some things and get back to you.

cstoll

Mensajes Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:01 pm
TO ANYONE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE PLAYLIST PROBLEM!

The new 4.0 does NOT automatically save your play lists like previous versions. Not sure if it's just a glitch in the setup or not. There is a way to enable "Auto Save" in the registry for VirtualDJ and that will fix the problem entirely! I do not recommend anyone to edit their registry unless they are familiar with windows regedit.

Here are the steps however to do this:

Click START, RUN, type in REGEDIT then hit enter.

once in the registry you will need to goto "MY Computer\Hkey_current_user\software\virtualdj

once there, on the right side you will find a whole bunch of registry settings for virtual dj. double click the "AutoSave" section.

Change the value from "0" to "1".

Then exit the registry! MAKE SURE THAT VDJ is CLOSED before you make this change!!

For the people that cannot find the playlist in their new 4.0 browser, there is information posted in this thread on how to locate the folder, "click it to favorites" and then voila! Now the folder is back, and by making the change that I just listed, VDJ will again start saving your playlists!

Maybe the DEV team will catch this before 4.1 and set it so that "autosave" is defaulted to "ON" in the registry....for those people who are having this problem.

Also for ANYONE who is having serious problems with videos loading super slow or even mp3's, in the registry is a setting in the vdj folder for "SpeedLoad"...if your's is set at "0", you can change the setting to "1". This will make virtual force videos to load quicker by setting the loading as a priority....what you will lose though, is some frames per second during the time the video is loading, but it sure beats locking up or the problem where a video is loading while one is playing and the one that is playing....plays past the spot where it is loaded in memory, and then cuts out!!!

I DO NOT ENCOURAGE NOR RECOMMEND ANYONE TO CHANGE ANY OTHER VIRTUAL DJ SETTING FROM THE REGISTRY.

JasonG

JasonG

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 6:37 am

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 7:28 am

cstoll:
I just installed ver 4 never touched v 3.4. (did not uninstall)
I am still just messing around with v 4 on my desktop. Have not installed it in actual gig system yet.
Thanks

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 3:48 pm
@bogart - If you are still having problems after Jason's suggestion - please try the following no matter how silly it sounds -

Go to your C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\ folder and rename the 'Playlists' folder to a lower case 'p' = 'playlists'

-will explain in detail below.

OK, So here's what I did and what I experienced -- started fresh clean install (to include registry entries) of 3.4 and then 4.0

1. Installed 3.4, ran a few tracks through and No playlist saved.
2. Checked the AutoSave registry entry and sure enough had to change it's value to 1.
-- Reboot --
3. Repeated step one and got a playlist to save
4. Installed 4.0, ran a few tracks through and No playlist saved
5. Checked the AutoSave registry entry and sure enough had to change it's value to 1.
-- Reboot --
6. Repeated step one and no playlist
7. Looked in the Database XML and the entry for the playlist is using a LowerCase 'p'
8. Renamed the Playlist folder to ensure it was lowercase
9. Opened VDJ 4.0 played some tracks and on exit, got a playlist.

Now, I am just reporting what I did. Don't know exactly why but it worked. I even changed the Playlist folder back to an Upper Case 'P' and then tried again - and still go a playlist to save to don't know why but hey it's a process that got it to work. Had already posted this to the Dev Team to watch, so hopefully they will look at their code to see that they aren't using absolute vaules and case sensitivity - that's my guess.

cstoll

Mensajes Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 12:13 am
cstoll
Thanks.
I followed your suggestions, and still no playlists. I did find that I have 3 VDJ database xml files. One says cjd database owner and one says vjd database. the 3rd says vdj database 1.
I went to all 3 o check the playlists and be sure all were small "p". Playliosts was only in vdj owner xml file.
ANyway I will keep messing with it before I put it on actual system.
Appreciate your help.

Mensajes Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 4:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)