Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Video Screen

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I want to go full video in 2007, .

1. What is better to use a Video screen with a projector or LCD TV. Im a mobile dj and need something easy to transport and set up.

what are some of you mblie dj's carrying around these days..???

if lcd what size or what kind of screen to get etc....

Mensajes Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:12 pm
I bought a projector and screen from Argos - I've had no problems with it thus far (other than aligning the projector so it fits the screen without illuminating the black bits or covering every bit of white with the projector's beam and no horizontal or vertical bars). That might present some problems in situ (placement without dancers' silhouettes getting in the way or childish punters making "shadow bunnies" and so on), but a telly could break if you have to transport it far (the next county or a large city miles from home). Also some tellies don't have computer input - even the modern ones. A projector (well, mine does - it's a Hitachi), has a little slot that looks like a SCART, but a lot smaller - you plug the computer in that, switch on and all sorts start happening. Extend the video of Virtual DJ to the big screen and the skin on the computer.

I hope you understood that - my English isn't very good - which is odd, as I am English!

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:44 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Projector will give you the best picture quality to screen size ratio, and they are a lot easier to carry around, although you need a clear wall or a screen as well. The best ones you can get now use 3LCD technology, and have excellent contrast ratios.

The only prob is yes, people can get in between the projector and the screen

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 3:34 pm
How about a back lit projector?

Not sure where you get them from but you could stick it on your desk/lighting rig to aim at a screen in front of where you're playing. This (may) stop people walking between the projector and the screen

HTH

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 5:14 pm
I've been doing video at my shows for about 3 years now. I have 2 screens and projectors that I use them about once or twice a week, tops. The rest of the time I simply tie into the club's LCDs. Most of the places we play have multiple 50+ wall mounted LCDs, Plasmas, and even smaller TVs.

As far as going full video, it's a little challenging. I to thought I could do it. There's a lot of content that and videos are readily available. Unfortunately, artists like to be artists and the videos are not always ideal to play. Many have long intros, outros and drama interruptions right in the middle of the song. I also had a really hard time getting vintage tracks. But what really irked me the most and prevented me from going full video was the delay between audio releases and video releases. I don't like to wait for the public to burn out on a song before I even have the track.

I've found that doing both video and audio is best.

Mat

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 11:42 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you plan on getting a projector keep in mind the bulb life, I had to replace 2 in under a year and theres still a few months left so it might be 3. Typically the bulb last about 2000 to 4000 hours depending on the lumens

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 11:55 pm
thanks for all the input you guys are great.. I think I will go with a projector since it will be easy to transport in my SUV, also I will mix it up some audio and video. Some of the videos have drama scenes right in the middle what a waste. but any way I hope to have all this by January 07.. Right now I got the pioneer mk3, denon mixer, mackie 18" bottom and the 450 on top.. the set is clean and sounds good just have to get the visual part now..

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 12:28 am
Da-lite makes an excellent portable screen. I use a screen that can display an image from the front or back. The screen is 6x8 and can be setup by just on person in less than 10 mins.

Mensajes Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 5:35 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)