Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: TCV - Set point for 0% pitch changes

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is anyone else having this problem? With the 4.0 upgrade, using TCV's, sometimes during a mix VDJ seems to change what position the pitch slider should be in for it to be at 0% pitch... As in, sometimes I need to put the pitch slider at around +4% just to get the track playing at 0% pitch thru VDJ! Not sure why that would be, 3.4 always recognized the correct position of the pitch slider...

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 3:08 pm
I have seen similar behaviour since upgrading using tccd. I just set the pitch on the cd player to 0 and then reset pitch in vdj (set to 0). This works but sometimes it has to be repeated. It needs to be addressed or if there is a workaround, I'm all ears.

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 3:47 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
With "auto-pitch reset" enabled in options the pitch is reset everytime you load a new track, no matter when the pitch slider is.
-BUT- vdj uses the last state of the pitch slider to make the calculations:
...So if you stopped the timecode and pitch slider was lets say at +4%, when you start the timecode again with a new track loaded, vdj recognize the +4 pitch in timecode but gives a final 0% because you have the auto reset in options, so it works in a relative mode now and works perfectly. In this case the "relative" 0% in pitch slider is the +4%.
There is something to avoid, else you can confuse vdj to give wrong calculations:
dont change the pitch slider if cd/tcv is stopped, (because vdj remember the timecode pitch before you stop the timecode)
Also when you use the jog or pitch slider give some time to vdj to stabilize the pitch.

Also in this version (4.0) you can use the internal sync/bpm match along with the pitch slider, works perfectly in the relative way i just explained, was buggy in v3.4

Let me know if works for you or you have other questions.

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 4:27 pm
Thanks for the response apopsis, but I'm still a little confused... I tried disabling the "auto-pitch reset", but still had this same problem...

I would like for the program to treat the pitch slider as if it were in "absolute" mode, and NOT relative mode... Why should I have to keep a track playing while I adjust the pitch slider back to 0? I'd like to be able to just put it at 0 for the next track and not worry about having a track playing, and waiting for the program to detect the new BPM... That's fairly slow and inconvenient. In 3.4, this worked completely perfectly -- I could adjust the pitch slider whenever I wanted, and the program would automatically detect its absolute position and adjust the BPM accordingly... Now it's in this constant relative limbo, and 0% is no longer 0% soon into the mix... Annoying. How can I get it to act like 3.4?

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 4:34 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Poloralphloren wrote :

I would like for the program to treat the pitch slider as if it were in "absolute" mode, and NOT relative mode... Why should I have to keep a track playing while I adjust the pitch slider back to 0? I'd like to be able to just put it at 0 for the next track and not worry about having a track playing, and waiting for the program to detect the new BPM... That's fairly slow and inconvenient.

If you dont use internal commands like sync (bpm match)/beatlock or whatewer change the pitch internal that's easy. Just deactivate the auto pitch reset in options.
I thing that both sliders (skin and tcv) must be at the same position (better 0%) when you do this, else they'll keep their difference if any as an offset. Maybe that's the key. Try it.
And its normal that any changes you do in the slider when timecode is stopped will refrect to the software only when you play the timecode. That's how the timecode works.
Let me know.

Mensajes Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 3:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)