Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Latency

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi....
Does anyone know what is the latency of prevoius versions of virtual dj??with 3.x versions i never had latency problems and with this new version 4.0 i can't find the right configuration,even the "auto" option causes distortion...i have a laptop Asus m6va centrino 2.0ghz,realtek onboard sound,External USB creative mp3+ 1024 DDR2 RAM,i aprecciate any help,thanks.....

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 5:46 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
did u uncheck safemode?

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 6:14 pm
Yes,i did...:/

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 6:22 pm
how new are your soundcard drivers and the directX?

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 6:26 pm
the soundcards have the original drivers,they have about 1 year,the direct X is the 9.0C...

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 6:31 pm
try updating everything, i know dx just came out with an update, and maybe ur sound card also has updated drivers, then start from the lowest setting on up

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 6:39 pm
alright,i'll try that...thanks for your help...=)

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 6:42 pm
let us know how it works out

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 7:21 pm
well, i updated everything ,the 2 soundcards with the latest drivers and direct X and the same thing happens,i noticed that this happens only when i work with the output from the onboard card and the headphones on external,when i work with external mixtable,the latency is good,but the beats don't match so perfect like using headphones and output on each card.....

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 7:33 pm
does this problem happen with using one card? could it be a irq confilct, try a diffrent usb port for ur external sound card, also try using one at a time and see how they sound indivisually

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 7:40 pm
no,that jus happen when using the 2 cards at same time...well,i changed the USB port,and the latency is at 2048 and for a while it went well,then started to make distortion on the headphones(external)....:/

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 8:03 pm
maybe it's time for one 4.1 or above external card, it might be a conflict between both cards or maybe the performance settings needs to be able to configure each card indivisually

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 8:07 pm
Right....i was thinking about U46dj.otherwise i never had problems with previous versions,so i think that new versions are getting worse instead of getting better :/ but thanks for your help anyway...

Mensajes Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 8:17 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Well, I have Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and it works fine with 512 (11ms) default setting. Did you tried Auto for Latency?

Mensajes Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 6:09 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
IMPORTANT: the "auto" option does not automatically find the best setting for you, or other "magic" things..

*What it does is:*

1. in Asio mode it bypsass the vdj buffer/latency box and latency settings taken directly from the cards asio panel like in 3.4 (this works better for maya44usb)
In this cace you need to set/confirm the cards latency.

2. In directX modes it has fixed values: 512 (11ms) without safe mode checked and 1024 (23ms) with safe mode.

**Previous vdj versions had fixed latency at 512 (11ms) and safe mode checked.**

Use these informations to tune your system like in vdj 3.4 if you wish.

-Tip: For maya44usb or other cards.
If you want to access the asio panel (to use with "auto") choose its asio driver instead of the maya's icon and press the "Asio config" button.

@dj in Norway, can you include this info in your starter guide ? will help some users to clarify things.

Mensajes Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 6:22 pm
done ;) thanx apopsis

Mensajes Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 7:31 pm
Well,i tried everything(safemode ON safemode OFF),but thanks for your help,i will try the default settings and what can be possible.........

Mensajes Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 3:06 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I know you have tried everything, but need to keep in mind that just because you set the latency high (2048) doesn't mean your card works well with that much delay. Sorry I don't have a direct answer, but scrub what you have done, start back at defaults - 1 tick/notch to the right of the Fastest setting on the Performance slider and change the latency to 1024 leave everything else alone. If that doesn't help try down to 256. Take small increments and only focus on the latency, don't change anything else.

Not trying to question what you have done, but most user are just clicking away on all the different choices and not taking small steps to find the best settings. Apology in advance if this is the approach you have been taking all along.

cstoll

Mensajes Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 8:26 am
@turbostar,

It is apparent that the variances in driver implemenations of sound device is handled differently by vDJ4's new sound engine than in previous versions.

One interesting thing is that the undesirebable artifact (popping crackling) you hear from one sound device can be shifted to the other sound device by adjusting the performace settings. Although this might indicate that sound device drivers are not in issue, there is a significance of vDJ having to process the difference in the sound driver implementations.

So all that said to mean that you will probably do fine when you get the U46. I had the same experience you did and by using 2 identical USB sound devices, I can eliminate the artifact, but with higher latency.

Maybe it's the price to pay for a better sound engine. But as one teamer said before, if you are using pro software, you should use pro hardware too.

Mensajes Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 9:13 am
Yes,i have tried to change only the latency...what happens is that everytime that i change the latency,the sound keeps good for a while,after 3 or 4 minutes and when other song is playng on the other deck,the sound starts crack and i have to change the latency again and any value that i change stops the "crack" for a while,which means that there's no stable value for my soundcards or they are really hard to find,but anyway,i am thinking to buy the U46 not only for the channels that it has but because the quality of sound.....

Mensajes Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 6:50 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)