Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Sonique plugin crashing? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I avoided using this pluging in 3.4 because when switching from music video to mp3 the sonique plugin starts and then crashes VDJ. on removing sonique plugins from the "When no video present" option, VDJ has been solid ever since, with JPG slideshow instead.

Now on version 4.0 I seem to get a crash with the plugin again, but on resizing the video window with sonique on it. Somone else want to try this?

Mensajes Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 1:13 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have just tested to resize the window with the plugin activated, even with slideshow slow or fast : no crash
Just a little hanging at the end of the folder list but during 1-2s => sent to dev team

Mensajes Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 1:23 pm
Hmm, cant reproduce it here today either, must be one plugin that doesn't like being resized?

Also, I'm not going to start new threads, but have more bugs, I'll keep them here i think.

If song is loading "on the fly" Ie long song, with short "Max load" while playing, click a spot further on in the song that is not loaded, VDJ hangs, tried this 4 times, different songs, does it each time. NOTE, this issue is as described on my desktop system, on the laptop much more "jumping around" the track is required to crash it, but it still happens.

Automixes video slider very jagged, even with 8 second fade mix set, just look at Spiral transition on Automix. Audio fader gets away with being unsmooth, but video slider can not. many other transitions look bad on automix, the only one that does not is Fade transition! I did note that Auto Transition (Ie clicking the box around the video transition on full video skin) "IS" very smooth, perhaps this code could be used for the sliders in "Automix"

Text plugin does not remember settings or text after using another effect, also cannot run all the time with other plugins(known issue).

Using "Auto transition" with slideshow selected in video settings for "when no video present" after playing video, going to a mp3, auto transition is applied, slideshow then crashes VDJ. Also found it would crash if i dragged the video slider accross from a video to a mp3, crash again!
On more testing, just starting VDJ, starting slideshow, not even loading a song, then de-activating slideshow crashes VDJ! NOTE: This issue as described for desktop, for laptop, more stable, but leaving a video playing in one deck, a mp3 in the other and just sliding the video slider back and forth (While reseting the slideshow to off each time) will after a few cycles (4-8 times) still crash VDJ on the laptop.

"When no video present" option in video settings is a text box? (known issue?)

Mensajes Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 12:19 pm
Agreed re the video sliding 'jerky' on automix, mine does that, also I'm noticing something with a particual Sonique plugin. Can someone else try "water.svp" and let me know if that particular effect causes pauses or glitches.

Mensajes Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 12:33 pm
No audio glitches here on two systems, but it is pulling a fair chunk of power!

Mensajes Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 1:14 pm
the only error I've gotten from video is the sonique winamp plugin rip error.

hahahaha

sure wish i could activate multiple sonique effects with fading

dj shahar
www.djshahar.com

Mensajes Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 9:04 pm
Ok my other old bug:

Just noticed this in ver 4.0 if you play left sampler, then select a new sample to play on the right one (IE default skin), it stops the left one halfway through!

And another new one,

VU meters only seem to use 50% of the meter as a pose to using source=beat, where the entire meter lights up. This was shown on the default full video skin, and my ver of the DAC3 skin, where I have updated the meters to the new vu stereo meters.

Mensajes Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 3:35 pm
1) Personnaly i hate the option "always" for max load as you don't control the memory:
burk :-(
It's great if you have 2Go or 3Go of RAM to my mind. So i advise you (i use it too) 15 or 30 min

2) Yes indeed for the automix but the reason is that in the past the computer was not so powerful and so the crossfader positions were updated less (... as i'm not sure you understand: to move the crossfader, you can't move it from 1 to 1 otherwise the processor is overloaded so you go 2 by 2 or more)
Consquently the automix is not adapted yet to the video but for example you can use my plugin XFade which updates more the crossfader position ;-)

3) Yes the visual "water.svp" is buggy, remove it from the folder: i have just seen that with the dev team this week ;-)

Mensajes Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 9:35 pm
djcel wrote :

3) Yes the visual "water.svp" is buggy, remove it from the folder: i have just seen that with the dev team this week ;-)

YEAHHHHHH I spotted one!

Mensajes Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 2:08 pm
In Reply,

1)
Thats my point, set to 15 minutes, with a 20 minute file, clicking the track_pos in spots there is no loaded data (When you first start, NO data is loaded), causes crash almost right away on one system, after 6 or 7 clicks on my show system.

2)
Understood, didn't know there was a plugin, if all else fails I just use fade as a transition. Can't wait till the automix transition, is as smooth as the auto transition. The auto transition is sweet, i guess that would also smooth up the main x fader too, not that anyone would hear it.

3)
Kool, will remove.

How about 4)

on the VU meters?

Mensajes Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 2:18 pm
Cel, are you saying that the x-fade plugin improves video transition smoothness? Is it V4 compatable?

Any chance you can check out my "overloop bug" post and see if you can also reproduce that one?

Thanks.

Mensajes Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 4:00 pm
Even better, can you use it with "Automix", that where I'm having the smoothness issues?

Mensajes Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 4:42 am
halo_djk wrote :
Even better, can you use it with "Automix", that where I'm having the smoothness issues?

Played around with the x fader plugin, it just complicates issues as it's another effect to activate and tune etc.

I think for video users we really do need that automix crossover to be smoothed out a little.

Mensajes Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 2:48 pm
TopHouse wrote :
I think for video users we really do need that automix crossover to be smoothed out a little.

Yes i agree with you. About the plugin XFade, it only was to show you the difference

Mensajes Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 5:10 pm
I wanna be in Cel's gang :o)

Mensajes Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 7:12 pm
Another Bug, when using default video skin, after playing video in a deck, then loading a mp3 or no video track, last old image stays in player video preview.

Mensajes Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 4:30 pm
Yep, I noticed that but it's no big deal, it only stays in the preview window and disappears when new video starts on that deck.

Mensajes Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 6:36 pm
Noticed that as well, thought it was only me with all the problems and trust me I am having major problems. Hope to have it all sorted out tonight.

Mensajes Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 7:37 pm
Just a little confusing for me, as if i loaded a Kylie video, then I play a Darude MP3, you still see Kylie image and may stop the track if your fooled into thinking "Well I'm not playing Kylie at the moment". Also because it's not a moving image it can trick you there into thinking it's a stopped deck.

Mensajes Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 4:53 am
Another bug, i think...

Has anyone noticed the samplers seem to be mighty quiet even with the gain right up? I use the same software to gain my samples as gaining my music, but at the moment I have to allow the sample to play through BOTH channes of the mixer (IE, both decks sound outs) so people can hear them. OR is there a chance thet because the samplers a split to both sound channels, that perhaps if you only use 1/2 you on get %50 of the gain, it almost does sound 50% quieter than the rest of my music.

UPDATE: just played the same sample in the player AND then from the sampler at full gain, YES, there was a marked drop in gain from the version played on the sampler!

No wonder my promos sound quiet!
Someone up for a bug fix please?

Mensajes Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 1:32 pm
71%