Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: problems

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i just got a new laptop
HP DV8380US
Intel Centrino Duo
Dual 120 GB Hard Drives(total of 240 gb)
2GB of RAM
Lightscribe Super Multi 8x DVD+R/RW drive with double layer support
Top of the line notebook, but im having a problem with 3.4 and 4.0 some times when im playing a song or songs the music will just skip all of a sudden it happens a lot when im mixing but happens nevertheless it never happened when i had my big old 80GB 256MB RAM desktop,so what can the problem be?????
Thanks Arnold

Mensajes Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 1:53 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Those are nice specs, but you left out the most important part... Your soundcard.
The problem might also have to do with your current motherboard chipset or just the settings you have configured in VDJ.
Which soundcard are you using?
What are your audio settings in VDJ?

Mensajes Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 2:13 am
in im not mistaken, conexant hd audio output

Mensajes Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 2:19 am
socan you help me fix this problem

Mensajes Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 11:34 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It can be Speedstep option that you have in BIOS of your laptop, it is part of power managent. Speedstep is lowering your CPU clock when idle to preserve battery life. You should turn it off. Also, check power managment in Windows and disable all (monitor,hd etc.). Also, try to find newer driver for your chipset (Intel), might help also.

Mensajes Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 7:54 am
Exactly, if you have the intel speedstep technology (those contained in centrino and new cores) audio performances are affected.
if you do not want to disable speedstep from the bios, you may try nhc. this is freeware for personal use. in power management you can tweak your performances in order not to slow down when connected to an external power source.

If your hdd allows, you can also boost the hdd performances, because notebook's hdd are usually set to lower power consumption and lower acustic noise by default.

hope it helps,
Pier

Mensajes Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 11:38 am
ok i got the software but now can you tell me where to go and what to enable/disable

Mensajes Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 3:10 pm
what do you wan me to do in the software

Mensajes Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 12:26 am
Well if you don't want to use speedstep, ever, simply go to the bios of your pc and under chipset (it depends on your bios) there is a voice similar to "Intel SpeedStep"
disable it

instead, if you want it, but you need stable performances on AC power, you just need to go in nhc, select the CPU Speed, then select the item Max. Performance from the first combo. doing so you tell the software not to limit the cpu power consumption and performances only when you are successfully plugged to an AC power. The other combo box, refers when you are on battery.

You need not to save your settings, as they are instantly saved.
hope it helps.

Pier

Mensajes Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 4:52 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)