Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Version 4 and ASIO

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm somewhat lost on this.

I have a rackmount with a Creative Labs Xfi....it supports ASIO
Using it with VDJ4...I have sound set to Outputs: External Mixer and Soundcard: 4.1..

VDJ lets me assign the main out to deck 1, the rear out to Deck 2. the sound is very good using this arrangement. I find it better that the onboard USB on my Numark CM200usb

When I select ASIO.. a separate pop-up box asks if I want to assign Deck one to Channel 1&2, Deck two to 3&4. I click yes...get an error: "not enough channels".

I can run in ASIO mode both decks to one channel on the mixer presumably from the Main Out on the XFi..

Pardon my dumbness....I'm guessing to run in ASIO to two channels on my mixer I will need a soundcard that has at least 4 out put channels?

I believe M audio makes both a pci card w/ breakout box and a firewire. Is this the sort of thing I need?

Is there a benefit to running in ASIO mode? Better quality sound? Disadvantages?

Is it simply for those using input devices/time coded vinyl

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 12:49 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
ASIO has better latency for TCV or TC use, the sound is the same, but I could be wrong. If you don' use TCV's, then stay with WDM driver (Direct X). But your sound card should work well in ASIO mode, and it has enough channels for external mixer, try to reinstall driver and check if there is a new one to update.

Mensajes Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 1:17 am
I installed thelatset driver..same error..VDJ wants to assign deck one to 2 channels..deck two to another 2 channel....Gotta believe that my card doesn't have the abilility to do that....
I was wondering if in fact ASIO meant better sound...from what I've been able to gather..it does not....

Mensajes Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 12:07 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I don't use ASIO (for now, gonna when I get TCV's), so can someone tell us is it better sound using ASIO or is it just better (lower) latency? Thanks.
About your card... well, I have Sound Blaster Live Usb and I am using external mixer with no problem and your SC is much better :).
Try this:

Sound setup:

If you using external mixer:
Outputs:External Mixer
Sound Card(s):4.1
Front output is left deck, Rear output is right deck.

If you don't use mixer than:
Outputs:Headphones
Sound Card(s):4.1
Front output is Master out, Rear out is your headphones.
Remember to set your card in 5.1 mode in drivers or in Windows sound setup.

Mensajes Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 8:04 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)