Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Dac2 mapper with v4

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mr_tartHome userMember since 2006
Hi,

I'm seriously looking at making the change from pcdj (old red) to virtual DJ but I can see that in order to get the dac2 mapper u need to buy the software first. Fair enough.

So could someone 'in the know' give me a real simple answer on whether or not the mapper will allow the following:

Using the scroll wheels to scroll the browser area.
Use the group buttons to change the current directory, up or down (for those familiar with pcdj 5.x I mean the same feature as Group and + or - when a song is not playing.)

Navigating the music with the controller is the main thing that worries me, with the demo I was stuck using the mouse, which is not acceptable really for my needs. I use the keyboard and mouse only when searching for a specific song and I'd like to keep it that way or at least have mouse and keyboard use very minimal.

Many thanks for your time.

Matt

Mensajes Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 2:02 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mr_tart - There currently is three mappers for the DAC-2

Here is the text from the readme file of the first custom DAC-2 / DMC-1 Mapper that was released the author daniels -

Inner jog wheel:

If the song is in Cue/Stop Mode or the deck is empty, the jog can be used to scroll the archive. If "Waitlist" is pressed and hold the jog can be used to scroll the playlist/waitlist. If the song is in Cue/Stop Mode pressing and holding the "Shift" button while using the jog allows it to get into the Edit Mode.

Outer wheel:

If the song is in Cue/Stop Mode the wheel can be used to change folders.

This is only the text that answers your question. There is additional functionality for the jogs when in 'Edit Mode'; which is when you are interacting with a specific track on a deck.

Hope this answer your question - btw - similiar technic is done with the built in mapper. Also, I mention 3 different custon mappers. With the purchase of VDJ you would have access to them and I am sure you would find which one gives you the closes support for what you are use to with PCDJ.

cstoll

Mensajes Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 9:01 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)