Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VDJ 4 crashed live

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello,

I have been using V4 for about 10 days now, 3 parties so far.
Today, the program froze while playing. This is exactly what happened:

I had a song playing on deck 1. I found the next song to load, hit "load" on DMC, and then the graphics & program froze, nothing was moving, I could not access anything. The song on deck1 though, kept playing.

Happily, no one at the party noticed a thing (at THAT point) because I played the next track with winamp :(

After that, the sound on the 2nd deck (and only the 2nd deck) was terrible. Lots of noises and shatters going on. I managed to fix that by entering the config and changed 1-2 settings. I though that way it would re-load the audio engine/driver. It worked, i had no other problems during the party.

However, I will NOT be using V4 live anymore. Other than that, for some reason the program does not "feel" as stable as V3. The sound is also a bit worse on V4.

On another night, the pitch of one song (and all songs that i load after that) got "frozen", to about 3-4 keys down. No, i didn't have the FX plugin that changes the key.

I would defenitaly suggest the developers to continue beta test on V4 and fix all the bugs they can find, and not release the next version of 4 without exaggerated testing on multiple setups.

The first priority for live performing software, should be stability.

Thanx
Alex

ps. i would be happy to beta-test as i have experience in that area

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 3:36 am
edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Al0000
I hear ya, mine never crashed but the stability issue is a main concern, I can play maybe 15 songs with no problems then BAMMM, gotta go and change settings again. And I have to agree that the sound IS better, but it has way too much bass (at least to me it does, i've never had to roll off the bass before and it sounds "different" at very loud volumes). Anyway, I went back to 3.4 and that is alright with me for now!!

ED

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 1:17 am
Я рад ,что смог попасть на форум вашего сайта.Так как это стоилос больших трудов, если бы вы знали как в России пользуется ваша программа особинно в новосибирске для начинаюших диджеев.Только на лицензионную программу нет денег и цена высокая на вашем сайте ну скажем если бы цена прграммы была бы 70$ то устроило бы нас ваших потребителей как вы на это смотрите? ответ дайте на потовый ящик : --@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry dj track3291 no email address is allowed from a demo user

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:19 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Пожалуйста Поговорите Английскую язык

Please Speak English

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:23 am
Mine freezes all the time. It will work for about 20 songs then just stops. Music still plays but all action is frozen. Have to control -alt-delete. It stutters for about 10sec then closes. Not good for a live show.

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 4:59 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What are your PC SPECs?

and have u adjusted the proformance settings to best suit your computer

if you have not

its more than likey ur pc will crash if u over clock it.

aslo try making ur paging file larger

if u need help with that

add me on msn - admin@skyfxlmedia.com

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 11:40 am
al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
My PC specs are

AMD Athlon 1800
1gb Ram
Maya44

Performed in tons of events with this config + 3.4

I'm switching back to 3.4 for now.

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:54 pm
Hey SkyFx
My laptop specs:

amd athon-m 3000+
756 Mb Ram
Gigaport AG

Run Sax N Dotties and Visitrax as Secondary programs.

I've tried every possible setting and it still hoses up--except on Pop, Rock & Hip Hop music (I know i've mentioned this before--but darnit, it's true--I do country 90 percent of the time)!!!

Went back to 3.4, which is rock solid for me, but any help would be appreciated.

ED

Mensajes Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 12:16 am
add me on msn il see if i can help

Mensajes Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 1:25 pm
Hey SkyFx,
I don't have MSN. Any other options??

ED

Mensajes Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 1:02 am
how large are the files you are opening ? just a thought

have u tried dropping the proformance slider to a lower quality

Mensajes Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 11:59 am
I had problems but all fine now, it's just that version 4 needs tweaking in the config to match your hardware. Experiment ! (I had to set the master tempo complexity from 3 to 0)

Mensajes Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 3:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)