Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: soundcard help for timecoded cds

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi everyone, well, i have a pair of Denon DN-S3000's and a Denon X300 mixer and i am trying to hook them up to my laptop (just in case it matters, its a sony vaio). ive been using Virtual DJ for a long time now but i barely found out i can hook every thing up using the timecoded cds. the problem is that i dont know what sound card to use.... ive been reading around in the forums and ive come across the MAYA 44 a lot.... i honestly have never used it, so i dont konw if it will work or if its even good. i currently own an external firewire card that i use to mix off of VDJ but its not for hooking up the "Table Top CD Players" so i have no clue on what i need. if anyone could be of any assistance i would really appreciate it. sorry for the long messege.... thank you....

Mario Miranda
DJ LS (Latino Style)

Mensajes Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 11:33 pm
you need a good fast semi-pro or pro soundcard that has ASIO drivers, and that works on low latency.
On top of that it need at least ONE line in (for one deck) and line outs (for VDJ).

You card might already be what you need, if it does the above :)

The denon 3000 might play a bit loud, so try to lower the timecode signal input at the soundcard software mixer/control pannel, if that turns out true.

If your soundcard is not what is mentioned, then such semi-pro cards as Maya 44 or U46dj will be a good choice.

Mensajes Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 11:44 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Can you please suggest 2 of the very best "PRO" soundcards to use with VDJ 4.0 Pro and laptop with TCCD?

Does better sound card (which I know costs more $) = better sound?

Thanks.

B

Mensajes Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 12:12 am
of course;)
Better latency and better sound...

BUT, you need to be kind of an audiophile to care or hear that ;)

So no need to worry, the U46dj or Maya will work great for djing.
And since they are used by so many VDJ users, you both have a better chance of good support and help here...

But there are better cards.. I know ACW uses some. He might give you a tip, for the high end card.
Not sure its really needed though.. The u46dj card makes a lot of people happy:)

Mensajes Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 12:39 am
rEsKPRO InfinityMember since 2006
dj-in-norway wrote :
of course;)
Better latency and better sound...

BUT, you need to be kind of an audiophile to care or hear that ;)

So no need to worry, the U46dj or Maya will work great for djing.
And since they are used by so many VDJ users, you both have a better chance of good support and help here...

But there are better cards.. I know ACW uses some. He might give you a tip, for the high end card.
Not sure its really needed though.. The u46dj card makes a lot of people happy:)

Yes, i have a u46dj and works great. Acw uses an X-fi elite, great sound but great price too

Mensajes Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 1:23 pm
hi, does the u46dj support dual cd players? can't find the maya sound card anywhere in the states. they're out of production.

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 5:23 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes the Maya can do dual tccd's

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 8:31 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Presonus firebox
(firewire)
$250- $299 range (I got mine for $250 brand new)

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 12:45 am
phillydj wrote :
Yes the Maya can do dual tccd's

Perhaps you wanted to say u46dj :)

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 1:12 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)