Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Serato compatability

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dj515Home userMember since 2006
as a serato user, what do i need to know before attempting to use VDJ and serato interchangingly? will the tags that VDJ writes to an mp3 effect or erase the ones serato made? anyhting else that will be affected by switching back and forth between the two?

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think they are standard tags

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:08 pm
dj515Home userMember since 2006
ok, i don't really know anything about id3 tags. i just wanted to make sure it wouldnt replace the serato overviews stored in the tags. i was also wondering if theres any other issues non-id3 related when it comes to runing both programs.

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:23 pm
Virtual DJ writes its own tags, and will not overwrite SSL tags.

VDJ can also run without tags, saving all "tags" (info) in a XML database for Virtual DJ.
This works a lot faster than reading tags

IDtag support in VDJ is still a bit limited, but is on the to-do list.

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:37 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kool we all learnt somthing :) lol

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:40 pm
i also know that when I played songs from my VDJ database in serato, it erased all my saved database info for that file, so i had to go back and reanalyze and prep each song again that I played with serato. So what I did was just kept a disctinct database that I use just for VDJ because it's a pain in the ass to have to set everything up again.

Mensajes Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 12:12 am
I tried serato's tcvs and don't run correctly within vdj maybe stamps are different.

Mensajes Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 7:49 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm curious to know if Serato's audio interface works with VDJ. Does it?

Mensajes Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 4:49 am
Supacon wrote :

It does, i'm actually buying one tomorrow. I tried it last week & it was awesome. So my U46DJ is for sale if anyone in the US is interested.

Mensajes Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 9:33 am
micha3lHome userMember since 2006
Mantahoe wrote :
Supacon wrote :

It does, i'm actually buying one tomorrow. I tried it last week & it was awesome. So my U46DJ is for sale if anyone in the US is interested.

switching bro?

I told yah.. same here... =P

Mensajes Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 10:02 am
micha3l wrote :
Mantahoe wrote :
Supacon wrote :
switching bro?I told yah.. same here... =P

Not really a switch, I love vdj. I'm just gonna give them a very very thorough in depth comparison. I can't lie, I love the way ssl handles the use of iD3 tags. I'm an itunes/ipod user & I must say the way it handled my playlists was outstanding. Don't anyone get me wrong, vdj is what i'll use 99% of the time. I just had to get this soundcard. Plus a lot of people disrespect me since I went from traditional vynil to beatmatching. so I kinda wanna prove them wrong when they say I lost it.

Mensajes Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 10:10 am
Mantahoe wrote :
micha3l wrote :
Mantahoe wrote :
Supacon wrote :
switching bro?I told yah.. same here... =P

Not really a switch, I love vdj. I'm just gonna give them a very very thorough in depth comparison. I can't lie, I love the way ssl handles the use of iD3 tags. I'm an itunes/ipod user & I must say the way it handled my playlists was outstanding. Don't anyone get me wrong, vdj is what i'll use 99% of the time. I just had to get this soundcard. Plus a lot of people disrespect me since I went from traditional vynil to beatmatching. so I kinda wanna prove them wrong when they say I lost it.

Was there a difference in scratching when you tried SL-1 with VDJ?

Mensajes Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 9:54 pm
Yeah, there's definetely a difference, but i'm still getting pops & crackles with scratchlive. So it's just a regular software like VDJ.. But I still have to calibrate it. I've only had it for like three hours now. I'll post. I hate the waveform.

Mensajes Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 11:44 pm
Mantahoe wrote :
Yeah, there's definetely a difference, but i'm still getting pops & crackles with scratchlive. So it's just a regular software like VDJ.. But I still have to calibrate it. I've only had it for like three hours now. I'll post. I hate the waveform.

how's the performance now?

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 6:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)