Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: My First Gig

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just had my first gig on Saturday. I DJ'ed for my wife's new business' launch party. It was in an art museum here in Wilmington, Delaware. The ceilings were very high and most of the walls were covered in sheet metal, so I was worried about the acoustics and whether my starter set of 2 Yamaha MSR400's and 1 Yamaha MSR800W would be up to the task. Well, I am happy to say that I had enough power and I wasn't even close to cranking the power. Virtual DJ performed like a champ, although I went back to V3.4, since 4.0 had been acting up quite a bit in the days before the gig.

It seems that 4.0 decided to consume almost 100% of my cpu resources with only one song loaded. Whenever I loaded a song on the other deck and I tried to manipulate it with either the dac-2 jog wheel or the skin's vinyl record, it affected the song playing on the other deck and it would stop. Not good. I tried different skins for 4.0, but they all did the same thing. The problem went away when I tried 3.4. Anyway, 3.4 didn't so much as hiccup on gig day. I didn't even have to use my denon DN-S3500's that I bought as a back up. Much respect to VDJ!!

On a side note, in the spirit of always trying to improve, including my mixing skills (man, am I green...lol), what's the best way to tailor the sound to the room? I have a dbx 215 dual band equalizer in my setup. I felt there was some echoing, due to the metal-covered walls, but I didn't have a clue on how to fix that. I'd like to go better prepared to my next gig.

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:20 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
For V4 I suggest you this: turn off keylock, Safemode and Overclock in Performance and it will perform much better! If you don't scratch, use Latency instead of default Quality option.

Mensajes Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 1:50 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The thing is that in the almost 1 month that I had vdj4, it performed so well.This happened out of the blue. Just seems strange.

Mensajes Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 2:00 am
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Same thing here too. I have VDJ 4.0 for a month and no issues. Then out of the blue, when i launch it and load the 1st song, it just locked up. everytime...cpu > 100% utilization..

Weird...

(please release the mac version!!! I swear its a winblows DX9 graphics issue)

Mensajes Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 4:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)