Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Analyze question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

I just discovered that all tracks need to be analyzed!

is there a feature to Analyze a song upon loading it or do I have to right click on each track/folder and tell it to do it?

Thanks!!!

Mensajes Sat 30 Sep 06 @ 11:33 pm
yeah just go to the browser window and right click on local database, then scan hard drive, chose your hard drive or directory and before you click OK check the box that says analyze each track. then go have a coffee

Mensajes Sat 30 Sep 06 @ 11:38 pm
So I take it the anser is NO, there is no way to do it upon load, I have to do it once for the entrire drive?

More importantly, then what if I get a new song tomorrow- I must remember to analyze it myself? I certainly wouldn't do the whole drive again and may forget which songs are new by the time I open VDJ at the end of the week.

still unclear.

Thanks

Mensajes Sat 30 Sep 06 @ 11:53 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It suppose to already analyze it on load, so what problem are you having?
does it at least give you the time of the song or does it stay with the yellow icon

Mensajes Sat 30 Sep 06 @ 11:54 pm
Hey Phil,

Sometimes only reads part of the songs but if I analyze it manually first it plays the whole thing.

Will I have to do this each time even with an external hardrive that gets unplugged at the end of the night?

B

Mensajes Sun 01 Oct 06 @ 12:48 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you shouldnt have to do it everytime, a full analyze will get a more accurate bpm than a regular analyze (which is the one it does on load) , if the bpm is over 200 it wont show up, but if the song has no yellow icon than it has been analyzed, it just thinks the bpm is over 200 right click the song to edit the bpm manually or full analyze it and see if it gets a proper bpm

Mensajes Sun 01 Oct 06 @ 2:39 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
And if you move your files on other drive it will still remain analyzed, no need to do it again. Just don't edit it or add any ID tags. Vdj remember tracks by it's size and crc check, you can even change the name. I suggest you to scan all your tracks because pre-load on the deck is much faster when you done scanning. Than you go in VDJ folder and copy and backup your "VirtualDj database (your account name).xml" file on the hd,cd or DVD. Make 3 folders and backup 3 versions, every week by one, so you have something if database gets corrupt. I do it that way and no problem at all.

Mensajes Sun 01 Oct 06 @ 5:23 am
Sometimes I find that on first run VDJ with new tracks, they either wont scan, or they scan, but no BPM appears. this has also happened for me with new samples, Loaded them all up, pressed a play button, nothing, no sound, even though it appears to be playing. I finished my set, took the laptop out the back to see what was wrong, but this time when i loaded VDJ they all played fine, and have ever since!

To solve this I now load my new tracks, make sure they appear in VDJ, close VDJ, rester VDJ, then you can either load them to a deck, or scan them manually.

Mensajes Sun 01 Oct 06 @ 8:06 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Hmm, is this a new bug? What type of files are you using?

Mensajes Sun 01 Oct 06 @ 8:41 am
Haven't tried the "full scan"d drive yet, but how many cups of coffe (how long approximately) will I need to full scan a 500gig hard drive with hi-res .avi files on it (drive is completely full)? Also why no bpm's over 200, didn't anybody think modern/punk rock was going to be played on VirtualDj?

Mensajes Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 8:37 am
You can analyse the tracks every time you put a new CD in - rip one CD in Windows Media Player, go to Virtual DJ, find the folder there, then analyse the tracks and keep doing it like that. Doing the whole database afterwards can often take DAYS!

On a slightly different subject - what settings do you need in order to record both the records and your voice without distortion or inaudible DJ voice? I ask this as I am hoping to work for an online station using Virtual DJ. I'll have to record the shows and send them as an MP3 file.

It's called "Obsession FM" and plays 80s records.

It's here!

Mensajes Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 3:41 pm
Hey everytime i put new music on my computer i load the program, open the folder, and highlight all new files (? BPM files) and i press analyse, i dont mind waiting cause i know that the songs bpm will be in there always, and it wil be faster on the load but thats my opinion, dont like it? dont take it....

Mensajes Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 4:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)