Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Itunes

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I downloaded some Joey Beltram from Itunes last night. They play when l run them through Itunes but l can't use them on VirtualDJ. The format of the files is MPEG4.

Can we not use this type of file? If we can't does that mean we can't use any tunes from Itunes?

Mensajes Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 11:23 am
SkiHogPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well...you cant use the mp4's...

Burn playlist to disc.
Import mp3.

Mensajes Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 4:48 pm
Yeah, that's what I do as well. Also since iTunes doesn't add the artist name to the song files (i.e. Artist Name - Song Title.mp3), I use MusicMatch's rename feature once the songs are imported from cd. It really helps when you want to use VDJ since by default the artist name would be empty from the songs list, only the song title would appear in the browser.

Here's the process I use (an easy way to make protected files into mp3!!!):
0. Make sure your iTunes imports settings are set to mp3 format (I use 192 quality).
1. Buy iTunes music.
2. Make a CD from a playlist (I prefer to use a fast speed CDRW).
3. Immediately import the burned disc songs as mp3's.
4. Move new mp3 files to a common folder (may have to use the OS search feature since iTunes creates a file directory structure instead of just adding the song files to a single folder - I hate that...)
[repeat steps 1 - 4 until all iTunes purchased songs and/or CD imports are complete]
5. Open MusicMatch software, add all mp3 songs from the common folder to MusicMacth library.
6. Use the MusicMatch "Rename" menu item to add the artist names to song files.
(It uses the information from the mp3 details to rename the files). This way I can do a batch rename and not have to mess with individual files.
7. Move the finished mp3 files to your desired music directories (of course as a DJ you would have this step figured out, right?).

Mensajes Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 10:36 pm
I use a utility called ID3 Renamer, instead of having MusicMatch installed. It can rename file based on ID3 tags, or set your ID3 tags based on your filename. Kind of handy.

Mensajes Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:17 pm
thanks for the help guys!

Mensajes Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 3:01 pm
What about video files from itunes? What can you do then to get them to play on VDJ.?

Mensajes Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:46 pm
That one, unfortunately, I have not figured out yet.

Sorry.

Mensajes Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:49 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Make sure you have the right codec installed, also if there protected (DRM) VirtualDj won't play them
Itunes likes to keep there protected files to themselves
For the Video isnt it MPEG4? same as DIVX

Mensajes Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:50 pm
I think it's w4v or wmv4 or sumpin like that?

Mensajes Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 11:57 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
wmv is windows media video, VDj doesnt have full support for wmv because it is only written to play straight foward ( scratching wasnt in mind with wmv files) so just try to avoid them, if u must play them then cut off your hardware accel and it should show the video , just dont scratch or stop it while its playing
save the headaches and use any of the other formats

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 12:19 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)