Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: demo tape

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hey
i was planing to make a demo tape but when i came to doing it i dident know what to put in it, should i put smooth fades in, have alot going on at once or just play a wide varitey of music???

thank you for any sugestions
roffy

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 11:43 am
Yes, i was going to do the exact thing, i suggest recording with the "cut into different files" enabled,to get that smooth transition effect when the tracks are changing, i havent tried it yet, hopefully it goes well

Mensajes Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 10:40 pm
I've done this quite a few times for many clubs and longes in manhattan, and the best advice is to find out what type of music you will be playing that night at the venue. example, if you are doing a "house music" night on fridays, before you make your tape, go to the venue on friday and listen to what the dj plays. That will give you an idea of what type of content to put on your mix. if you are making the tape for personal use or to hand out and promote yourself, mix the type of music that is your specialty. If you are a scratching dj, do that; house...do a club mix; top 40...a little bit of everything with smooth, dance-inspiring segues. Hope this helps and good luck!

Mensajes Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 7:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)