Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: LAPTOP VIDEO CARD - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
djmariog wrote :
OK this looks ok. I appriciate the help be I'm willing to spend more & get bigger & faster, what do you think I should get?
but Don't I need windows xp?
Don't you feel the memory should be 2gb or better?
Should the power supply be bigger than what it is?
The videocard I feel should go to 512 just to keep it safe don't you think?
& put more harddrive space because 1tb for videos isn't that much?

1gb is plenty

not really power supply is fine

video card is fine for video I picked that one because i'm having a harder time trying to find 6600gt's or that would be my choice.

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 7:47 pm
that is great can I also add a sound card in this shuttle?
Wich one should I use?

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 8:07 pm
the beauty of it is you can use the onboard soundcard its 8 channel ;)

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 8:26 pm

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 8:31 pm
On the xpc shuttle the video card is shared memory I tough that is no good.Witch one would you think I should use?

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 9:09 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
shared memory on the onboard card, thats why you will be adding a card

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 9:29 pm
OK so basicaly if I get all of the above parts & put it all together it should work fine with vdj using video & audio files trough out the entire night?Also witch dvd burner would you suggest?How many hard drive can I put in this shuttle?

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 9:56 pm
To prove everyone's point of laptop vs. PC....

I just purchased a brand new dell xps 1710

2.33 dula core
2 gb ram
nivida 7050 gtx 512 mb
100 gb hdd @ 7200 rpm
4 year extended protection policy with accidental damage coverage

plus various this and that

after tax and shipping
4900 (i got a hookup from hoffman and it dropped to 3900).

so you see boys and girls, a much better system could be built in a shuttle or rackmount pc for less than one of the most powerful laptops.

yet, some of us (like myself) need ultimate portability fo nightclubs and weddings alike.

happy mixing!

Mensajes Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 7:46 pm
I see that.So will all the above parts put together work with vdj using video & audio files trough out the night?

Mensajes Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 11:44 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
so far desktops/rackmounts are they way to go for duration and stability so answer is yes

Mensajes Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 9:30 am
But I feel you must build one and stay away from Dell. TRUST ME

Mensajes Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 4:29 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It is not DELL it is bad drivers people.

Mensajes Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 10:54 am
Oh no it is NOT dell.This is a personal rackmount pc with all the best of in components put together for me>

Mensajes Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 9:25 pm
Ok, here's my new system for video mixing. Let me know if this is good or not.

Dell XPS M2010

Operating System
Genuine Windows XP Pro
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Memory
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM 677MHz (2 DIMMs)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hard Disk Drive
100 GB EIDE Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
100 GB EIDE Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
Video
256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1800
Base
XPS M2010 Notebook: Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 Processor (2.33GHz/667MHz/4MB L2 Cache)
Includes 8x DVD+/-RW Drive
NoteBook Screen
20.1 inch Widescreen WSXGA+ Display with TrueLife
Network Interface Card
1500 Wireless Card
Operating System CD
Windows Media Player
2 Cell Battery - Detachable Wireless Keyboard for XPS 2010
Resource CD
RAID 0
Keyboard - Detachable Wireless Keyboard on XPS 2010 Notebook
Hard Drive Carrier - Second HD, Left
Quick Reference Guide
150W AC Adapter
6 Cell Dual Lithium-Ion battery pack
4-Button Wireless Mouse for XPS 2010

Mensajes Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 5:15 am
What do you mean by that ALF cause I for one can tell you that I personally had many many many many problems just due to the fact this POS was a Dell and the MOBO was shit. I strongly suggest anyone looking to build a video system to consult with Cyder. As for the cost difference I would have gladly spent more and built a system than gone with Dell but I had no choice in the matter. You can build it the right way first or go through the crap I went through and you can't tell me it is DRIVERS. This is a very salty issue with me right now as I still can't get this computer perfect and a few computer geeks I have talked to said I probably never will so I gave up on it. VDJ works but I can't use the MK2 at all with this thing. If you care to debate this send me a PM or if you know of a way to fix my issues. Look up pops and crackles in the general discussion and you will see what I have done and went through. Thanks for hearing me out.

Mensajes Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 12:16 am
Just got my new Dell XPS M2010. This Laptop is Awesome. I'll be trying it out with video very soon. that's the reason why I bought it. The screen is 20.1 inches. It's huge. I'm also going to try it with tccd's. If anyone else has one of these and is using it with Virtual DJ, let me know how it's working out.

Mensajes Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 3:34 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'd like to talk to you when you are up and running.

new XPS user as well.

Mensajes Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 5:19 am
Hoffman, I have now configured my new Dell XPS M2010 to run with video. I have to tell you, it's running absolutely wonderfull without a glitch. I have the performance set to the highest setting and after playing with videos on an external 42" plasma, I have to say I'm quite happy with it's performance. I've tested it with audio effects, video effects, video transitions, scratching, looping, etc. The video is running seamlessly without a hickup. I'm very happy I purchased it, even though it was expensive, I'm thrilled with the outcome.

Mensajes Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 2:58 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)