Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: SSL vs. MAYA44 vs. Numark Virtual Vinyl

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

My setup is this:

2 Technics 1210's
1 Pioneer DJM-600
1 High performance PC-laptop
2 VDJ TCV

I have a few questions:

1. What soundcard do I buy? The MAYA44 seems nice but I hear it's hard to get and that they are going to stop producing them? Is ESI Gigaport a good alternative?

http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=12

It looks almost excactly the same as the MAYA44 but when you read the specs it seems to have 8 OUTPUTS!! Don't you need a few inputs aswell or am I just stupid? Is ESI U46DJ a better alternative and if so, why?

2. This is a BIG question which I've asked staff at both Numark and Rane Serato: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN, LET'S SAY A SSL OR NUMARK VIRTUAL VINYL BOX VS. AN ASIO SOUNDCARD LIKE MAYA44? Isn't SSL and Numark Virtual Vinyl basically a regular ASIO-card neatly packed in visually appealing little box, and therefore so much more expensive, or is there actually some inportant difference?

3. And while we're at it: Whats the difference between Numark CUE and the software that comes along with Numark Virtual Vinyl? Numark CUE is basically Virtual DJ right?

The thing is, aren't we all getting fucked by the big companies like RANE, Numark and Stanton when it comes to these kind of products OR IS THERE AN ACTUAL DIFFERENCE between using a cheap ASIO card and VDJ with TCV????????????????????????????????????????

Don't forget to answer my first question about which soundcard to buy, while debating my conspiracy theory above =)

Regards

Mensajes Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 1:50 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 2:12 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
probably the best choice for you would be Virtual Vinyl, you would get a soundcard plus the software and timecodes in one package.

Mensajes Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 3:22 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i agree :D

Mensajes Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 4:02 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)