Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: TCV issues while scratching

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi guys,

I posted this previously (before I purchased the product, so I'm assuming it was slightly ignored)....so here it is again, with more detail:

I get bad audio glitches when I scratch the TCV.

I've basically tried every configuration I could think of with VDJ's audio settings. Here is the problem I am having...take a listen. This is me just pulling the TCV record back quickly...I'm not doing anything with the fader at all:

http://www.robotkid.com/tranz/vdj/vdj_scratch_breakup_asio.mp3

As you will hear, the first time or two I pull back the TCV, it sounds ok, but after a few pull backs, it seems to get confused, and starts to stutter.

I've experienced this on a U46DJ connected to a MacBook 2gh 2gb RAM, and a Dell 8600 with similar specs. My CPU meter is fine while doing this. I've scoured these forums, and tried everything...

Using Ms. Pinky vinyl control, I've never had this problem. Ms. Pinky's software seems to handle pulling back rapidly more gracefully somehow than VDJ. It sounds like VDJ gets confused when the timecode speeds by too fast for it or something. I'm beginning to think it's a deficincy of the software, rather than a problem with my setup. If this is true, I beg the developers to take a closer look at this problem. VDJ rules, but I really need to be able to scratch without fear of my audio falling apart.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

-Robotkid

Mensajes Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 2:32 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think its a pretty simple solution, your needles ... what kind do you use?

Mensajes Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 3:14 am
Well, on my main setup I use Shure M447...but this has been happening on multiple setups. :(

Thanks for your help.

Mensajes Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 5:53 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)