Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Video freezes ...not for me anymore !!!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I would like to share with you, how i accidentally solved my problem.

When i played videos with my laptop, the screen freezed whenever i activate Hardware accelerator. I did that in order to have sonique video effects (visualizations) on my projector and video transitions with the video clips.
I deactivated almost everything has mentioned in this forum (Ethernet, wifi, USB devices, even CD-ROM) but still the problem was there.
Then i looked up in the options of my video setup, and i reduce the bitrate (quality) of the video analysis. It was 1024X768 32bit (High) and i selected 1024X768 (16bit) medium.
From that point, it NEVER freezed again, hardware accelerator option is ON, and the CPU measurement is on 40-50% except whan i load a video, it goes to 90% for 5-6 seconds. I use the sonique plugin for visualizations, all the video effects and video transitions, and no matter how i treat to decks, it DOES NOT FREEZES anymore !!!

Note that my laptop is poor HP 1,8 Ghz Centrino, 512 Ram and 128MB Shared Video Memory.

I hope this will help some of you. Glad to help others.
Bob

Mensajes Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 7:46 pm

thanx for the feedback..

Excellent tip, that might help quite a few that have too high settings for the performance their PC can give ;)

Mensajes Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 11:08 pm
Exactly where was this setting, it sounds like its in your video card settings, did you change the one for monitor one, or two (Two would be the settings for the TV output I suspect).

I have my TV settings set for 800 x 600, 32bit, as normal TV is only 600 or so lines, and going any higher than this is pretty much a waste. I would use 640 x 480, but my card won't go down that far for tv.

Full DVD quality is 720 x 542ish from memory, and none of my videos are rendered this large as it slows the system too much.

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 7:21 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Wow!
Great tip!
Somone should write a tutorial on that one, and make it a sticky. (hint,hint).
:)

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 11:31 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I advise 800x600 in 32bits too for video size reasons (DVD)

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 5:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's not only the size it's about colors. 32 bit colors mean a lot of resources. 16 bit color does not make your screen worse. I use mpg, mpeg and avi video files (compresssed) not vob (too much disc space) and i don't mention much difference between 800x600 32 bit and 800x600 16 bit. All i see is that my machine flies !!!
If you are not allowed to change things in secondary screen you could change at the primary. This could save you some resources.
It may be not usefull to many of you. It might helped me because i've done several adjustments to my laptop.

Bottom line if you use video, a strong machine is necessery. Everything we try here, is to find ways to avoid paying for a stronger machine. If you can afford it don't bother to look for magic solutions. Just buy the apropriate hardware and enjoy the magnificence of video mixing with VDJ.

PS Used to be sorry for my bad english, but i'm making some progress don't you think?

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 9:16 pm
djdarkoHome userMember since 2006
I have the Dj c onsole second edition. How can I connect the video out put (if it is possible) in order to see video clips while I heard the music? I have dvd on my computer hd I'd like to play dvd and show video linked to the music. There is someone who can halp me!!??
Thanks
dj darko
djdarko.com

Mensajes Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 10:12 pm
djdad wrote :

PS Used to be sorry for my bad english, but i'm making some progress don't you think?

you sounded like an american to me ...no mispellings,no wrong use of words...
Seems someone is getting an A in English this semester(2007) CONGRADS to you ~on good english AND solving your "video freezes on a poor laptop"problem .

:-D

Mensajes Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 10:45 pm
Hi all well i changed my settings to 16 bit 80 600 on my tv out and now my screen doesnt flicker anymore its finaly fixed thanks to the guy who posted this it sorted my PROPLEM out thanks everyone :).

Mensajes Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 12:52 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)