Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Re-ordering the "red" folders on the left?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi All -

I just started using Cue - really am digging it so far : )

A question:

The "red" folders on the left (the ones created when Cue imports your iTunes playlists...) - can they be sorted after the fact?

Example: Today I went to create a new folder for my event. I already had one called 061211 PMI Music. The new one was to be called 061211 PMI Raffle. I wanted them to appear next to each other in the folder case on the left. I originally prepped the 1st one in iTunes the other day and it came over as part of my import. The second one was created in Cue thoday and ended up showing at the bottom of the pile and I couldn't seem to move it up (or at all, really).

Is there a way?

Thanks,

Adrian

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 2:58 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There is a way... however it is not an easy process.
If you don't know how to modified an XML file then you could get lost.

-----------
You are at your own risk if you follow the following steps - ALWAYS MAKE BACK-UPs of ANY FILE you start to MODIFY.
------------

1. Browse to install location of the application -
VDJ - C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ
CUE - C:\\Program Files\\Numark CUE or CUE :: not sure, can't remember which one, look for either
2. Right click on the file that has - Database ( ?????? ).xml - as part of the name :: ?????? is your windows username and chose to Edit with NOTEPAD
3. This is your entire database with all your cue points, favorite folders, virtual folders, etc. find all the entries that start with <Virtual Folder and cut then past in the order you want. The key here is that they must be after the 1st Line of the file and not before it.
4. Save then exit the file, and go launch CUE or VirtualDJ.

** Do not leave any anomalies in the file or it will become corrupt and that is another topic.

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:00 am
Wow - yuck!

But *thanks* cstoll for your swift answer : )

Best wishes,

Adrian

p.s. I think I may post this in the wish list

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 5:48 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)