Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Problem playing certain songs

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Iam realy starting to like this program. But I have a strange problem. Some songs wont load. Why is that? I tried scaning the song and it wont do that either.

I know the song is just fine because it play's in winamp and others. It don't matter about the bit rate either. 128 160 192.... it dont matter (I started a long time ago and I have alot at 128. One day I will re rip them to 192CBR)

This is not a good thing. I would hate to be at a dance and the "special" request wont load.

I'm playing around with 4.0

I do notice something strange. All the songs that wont play all have a #38 in the title, even though #38 is not in the title. Just Virual is reading it that way.

I also notice that it is all the songs that have "&" in the title.

Virtual is reading it like this ---- C & C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat.mp3

Is there a fix for this? I have alot of songs that have "&" in the title.

Thanks in advance

Musicman

Mensajes Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 11:17 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
are they all in .mp3 ?

where did you get the files from

Mensajes Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 11:19 pm
have you tried renaming the offending tracks? It may be a filesystem error, rather than a VDJ problem

DJ Mykel

Mensajes Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 11:33 pm
Yes they are all .mp3 and I made the rips myself. Just won't play in Virtual. I been trying a bunch of software over the last few days and I really like this one the best (so far), And they all play fine.

I tried changing the file name (not the tag) and the song loaded and played fine.

I would think that this is a bug. If I stay with Virual I will have to rename all files that have "&" to "and". Pain in the butt but what do you do.

Musicman

Mensajes Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:50 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you tried lowering the proformance tab?

Mensajes Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:53 am
Windows uses the & character to select keyboard hotkeys (like in the start menu where programs has the P underlined) so if you have the ampersand in the filename this can confuse programs.

This is more a problem with Microsoft than a fault of Atomix, I think. It is a pain, I agree, but if you have software such as Tag&Rename, this will automatically replace or remove characters that will cause these difficulties.

Hope you decide to stick with VirtualDJ.

DJ Mykel

Mensajes Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:16 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)