Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: turntables

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

just wondering would i have to buy turntables 2 plug into my laptop with the software 2 become a very good dj r is da software enough?

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 5:27 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If I understand your question correctly, then the answer is yes!

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 5:31 am
haha sorry i will pay more attention next time thanks

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 5:41 am
To become a very good DJ, you have to practice. Software alone, will not make you a very good DJ.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 6:55 am
thanks guys

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 4:02 pm
The two things that will make you a better DJ is knowing your music and knowing how to read crowds. Trick skills has only little to do with, unless your goal is to be a trick skills dj. Equipment has even less to do with being a good dj. Whatever you chose to dj with, knowing your music and knowing how to read crowds will go the furthest in making you a good dj. Your average party crowd could really not give a damn about trick skills, whether you use a laptop, cdplayers, turntables or whatever.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 5:41 pm
am i just slow, or did dj muppetjnr become a pro use just recentlly, thaught he was no licence user last night.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 6:29 pm
anewsome wrote :
The two things that will make you a better DJ is knowing your music and knowing how to read crowds. Trick skills has only little to do with, unless your goal is to be a trick skills dj. Equipment has even less to do with being a good dj. Whatever you chose to dj with, knowing your music and knowing how to read crowds will go the furthest in making you a good dj. Your average party crowd could really not give a damn about trick skills, whether you use a laptop, cdplayers, turntables or whatever.

AMEN!!!

True !

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 6:31 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well said anewsome ;).

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 6:35 pm
thanks everyone.wessmith what are you talking about?

Mensajes Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:58 pm
dj muppetjnr, wherent u a no licence user few days ago, or am i just not with it????? lol

Mensajes Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 9:34 pm

your right ;)

welcome as a full member :)

Mensajes Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 9:46 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you don't scratch, then you shouldn't bother with turntables. It's really expensive and can be a headache sometimes. Just my .02 :P

Mensajes Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 9:53 pm
no iv been a member since xmas

Mensajes Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 6:19 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There is no definite answer to what a "good dj" is. It has different meaning to different people. Most Club DJs pertray to a standard where you use club's equipement, which is most of the time Pioneer CDJs, Technics turntables, and a mixer. These days the use of a laptops at clubs is more accepted, and many clubs actually install system that let you plug in your laptop easily.
If you're not interested in being a club DJ, but doing your own gigs then the story is completely different. You create your own, portable DJ booth using whatever works best for you.

Mensajes Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 12:17 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)