Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: DAC-2 request

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I figured out why you can not scratch with the DAC2 / DMC1

Load a track in virtual DJ
start playing by pressing the green play/pause button (music starts)

When the deck is playing, you can roll the jog wheel forward and it sounds like vinyl. When you roll it backwards it sounds terrible.

Here is why

When rolling forward it is going WITH the music
when rolling backwards it is going AGAINST the music

While the track is playing, press the green play/pause button (music stops)

Roll the wheel backwards and it sounds perfect!

The reason it sounds bad is because you are going AGAINST the spinning record. You have to fight it by turning in the opposite direction that the on screen vinyl is spinning

What you need to do is have it sense that the DAC2 is sending it the reverse commands and act like it is in pause mode yet not affect the on screen Mouse or XP10 commands

Then rolling the wheel both directions will sound the same and users will be able to scratch Like Vinyl. Nothing will ever be as good as the XP10 but this is the next best thing

Does that make sense?

Thanks
WirelessDJ

Mensajes Sat 07 Aug 04 @ 8:10 pm
think of it like having a slip mat on the turntable.

If you have a slip mat, it can move in reverse with out fighting the wheel.

Without a slipmat, moving it in reverse it tough

please add an option so that when rolling it back, it moves freely -- Virtual Slipmat for VirtualDJ

Mensajes Sat 14 Aug 04 @ 3:26 am
I would appreciate this a lot...I have to say at present scrolling wheel in reverse has few uses other than going back a couple of beats to set a cue.

Make it perform more like it does when paused and scratch should sound better, should also improve sound in the instance of accidental touches.

Or maybe away to engage jog in scratch mode when ou move it. then disable...sometimes you dont wanna scratch.

Mensajes Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 2:44 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)