Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Bad sound compared with CD

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

roedelPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The same mp3 - burnt on CD and played with a Denon sounds better than played with virtualDj and MK2.
More Dynamic - more Lifeness - less Mp3sound, less distortion. I don´t speak about hiss or something. You can´t hear it with your headphones at home, but at the clubs with the big PAs and played loud there is a difference specially at guitarmusic. And if you´re using VinylTC its getting even worse. Don´t get me wrong ! I´m not one of those audiophile analog HighEndfreaks.
Is this a Question of the Software, the Laptop,the Mk2 or somethingelse?
I think it has to be the AudioCard of the Mk2. But i don´t know? Is the "famous" Maya44 better or do you have other ideas. I hope its just a Question of settings because I like the handling of the console and dont want to buy new gear.

thanx

Mensajes Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 2:55 am
It definately shouldn't be making a hissing noise i'm sure!

I'm afraid i don't have a MKII, so i can't really help alot, but there's people who use it in clubs without problems.

Prehaps you could detail your computer specs and exactly all the soundcard settings you have in VDJ so that people can help you pin down the problem.

:)

Mensajes Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 9:01 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you tried increasing your proformance tabs to full quality and seeing what happens?

aslo are all your cables grounded if your getting static it might be because of that

Mensajes Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 1:58 pm
roedelPRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanx,
but i´m not speaking about hiss or humms. It´s about the sound of the D/A board on the mk2. I´m afraid its not the best one. I just bought a new Maclaptop and will install vdj on bootcamp. We´ll see if it improves the overall soundquality. Thanx again for your support!

Mensajes Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 4:49 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
let us know how it goes

Mensajes Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 4:57 pm
MK2 is a mid range souncard.. not bad, but not at state of the art level either ;)

so sure, denon's with hardware superb dac converters might generate more "dynamic" sound.

(Btw, hope you are using VDJ 4! As VDJ3 has a bit flatter sound, that was fixed in VDJ4).

Mensajes Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 7:09 pm
get an m-audio delta 44 or 66 card if you want the best possible sound, latency and reliability. they are really inexpensive too (sub $200 for the 44)

they both have breakout boxes with 1/4" plugs, perfect for those live gigs =)

mk2 definatly is not high end, if your playing out (in clubs, live events ect.)

then a high end pro audio card is definatly a must

Mensajes Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 9:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)