Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: for skyfxl or anyone with a brain

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tried to follow what skyfxl instructed yesterday but no luck in getting id tags up for what i need ie:- author/title/bpm/time/year/genre (or in any order as long as their there) as this is really important to me for the type of gigs i do. ive come across a section in download dropdowns/other>developer sdk, marked, parser.cpp would this add on? be of any use to me and if so would someone explain to me in monkey speak very slowly so that i will understand because where im from a hammer is a very sophisticated tool used only by advanced civilisations from the planet zog. please can someone help cause i want this programme but not the time of re-doing all those dammed files cheers mates - be careful out there they dance(lol) - Tayla

Mensajes Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 7:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya go to options and turn on read id3 tags

now to get the extra collumns make the first 3 collumns smaller if they are not there

if it fails to read use the analise tool in vdj

right click on a folder and press analise

its advisable to analise all files anyway:)

Mensajes Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 8:07 pm
hi mate thanks for the gen' so far but im still hitting a brick wall have title/artist/bpm/length/comment/disc/path showing on browser but dont know what else i should do to get genre/year to show if these can at all be shown been looking around the posts and it looks like im not the only one with this problem hope you can help & persevere with me for a little while longer much apprec' all your help amigo - catch the next train - miss the ugly people > Tayla

Mensajes Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 6:57 pm
alright sounds like ur going to need to use

analize files right click on your folders and choose Analize Any music , make sure any music is aslo choosen as the sound engine on options :)

should now pick up all of your infomations :)

Mensajes Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 7:00 pm
hi mate sorry for doin' your head in but!!!!!! went to options, set bpm engine (any music) Read id3 tags (title & comment) Write vdjtags (enabled) on browser chose a single file and this is the way it panned out......

title artist bpm length comment disc path
elektro outwork 127.0 8:18 c: \audiograbber

sorry for takin' up your time but can you tell me what or where the problem lies could it be i'm not following instructions correctly but i did forewarn you that i was an illiterate,i currently use mixmeister as my working programme and it picks up all the info so you can understand why im eager to get to use this sooooper dooooper vdj set up - once again thank you please for all your help - may your hard drive never flop > Tayla

Mensajes Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 8:23 pm
tayla, VirtualDJ doesn't show genre or year in the filebrowser, you're not doing anything wrong. To get them to display you have to manually rightclick on a file and go to file info, obviously you can only view one file at a time like this, terrible I know. I did make a guide a long time ago with how you can create genre specific playlists but I don't have a link to it. Maybe it is possible through parser.cpp but I don't know C++ so can't help you with this, sorry.

Mensajes Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 8:35 pm
much gratitude to all that have advised on this problem of mine, (Doctor says "cream dont help either")
maybe if you dug out that old link how many souls in this world would you light up? no seriously i have been amazed at how much help you guys give to us newbies special mention to skyfxl(cheers mate you're a peach in a barrel of apples) maybe someday there might be a fix for this its the only down side to an otherwise fantastic programme - may your god go with you & remember, ugly people dance 2 > Tayla

Mensajes Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 8:56 pm
Here is a link to the genre guide I made although it was done a very long time ago and I now much prefer Windows Media Player 11. I will make a new guide using Windows Media Player seeing as 99% of Windows users will have it installed and the process is a lot easier.

Mensajes Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 9:10 pm
once again you guys keep comin up trumps with your help - im still playing around with this version as i am so wantin' to get rid of mixmeister after seein' vdj in all its glory, the only thing that my current programme has got in its favour is those dammed tag lists including year (if im honest i cant do without them as youve probably guessed) so cum on you whizz people MAKE MY DAY & FIX IT FOR ME - loads of gratitude & salutations to all > Tayla

PS. not forgetting asking god for a miracle sometimes takes longer than what i expect!!!!!

Mensajes Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 9:35 pm
:) hope to see you as a pro user soon :)

Mensajes Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 10:35 pm
just back, yeah me to, just a pity we could,nt resolve this little bug. being using mixmeister for 3-4 years and this does'nt have a patch (lol) on vdj. take a look at the programme and you'll understand where i'm coming from.well i'm gonna have to make a decision in the next couple of weeks or so to spend the wedge or not and bite the bullet and start re-writing files so i can have the year/genre listed as in the comments section.anyway many thanks to all for help & suggestions 7 i hope i have'nt been to much of a pain, remember - be careful out there - those mutha fcukas dance > Tayla

PS. will watch the posts for any further updates guys and if you want a bit of a crack on give me a shout

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 1:47 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)