Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: use or 3 external decks and nuo5

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I want to use 3 decks( either cds or 3 xp10s and the nuo5, i need detailed onfo on how this can be set up and operated. ANy one tried the external controller from vestex?

Mensajes Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 3:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you need to run in multiinstance mode

and have two soundcards

Mensajes Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 1:07 pm
can you provide more details on this set up? Its my intent to make a purchase of gear very soon, but Im not willing to do so until I have all the technical info on all the gear I will need to accomplish my 3 deck VJing DJing goals.

Has any one used the dj controller from Vestax....any opinions on it?

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 12:38 am

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 12:46 am
A multi-instance skin will give you 4 decks, but you may need to use two different types of controller (E.g: 2x XP10 + 2x timecode CD's, 2x XP10 + DJ Console, 2x XP10 + DAC-3, etc.)

If you enable XP10 in both instances, you will probably find that the 1st two XP10's will control decks 1 & 2 of BOTH instances! If you enable XP10's in one instance and a different controller in the other, you shouldn't have any problems.

I don't think VDJ will recognise a 3rd XP10.

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 2:10 am
Another thing to think about is that you can't do a video crossfade between the two instances of virtual dj (as far as i know).

If this is the case, your videos would all have to be in one instance of VDJ, with only music coming from the second instance.

Are you sure that what you want to achieve can't be done using just one instance of VDJ and the sampler feature. The sampler can take loops of any length from any type of sound (vocals, drum beats, intros, whole songs, etc) and automatically play them in sync with everything else. There are also a lot of hardware that can be easily used to control the sampler

http://www.amazon.com/Evolution-UC-33e-Desktop-Control-Workstation/dp/B0002GY7Y2

i think some people use this.

Just a thought anyway, good luck getting your setup together. :)

Mensajes Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 2:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)