Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Author Name does not appear

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

On some of my songs the Author name does not appear. Does any one know why and how to resolve this.

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 5:17 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Make sure your tracks are tagged as:

Artist - Song Name

EG: Infernal - From Paris to Berlin

After that, you will notice that they are tagged fine in VDJ.

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Mensajes Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 11:12 am
Thanks for the reply but I do I tag them that way.

Mensajes Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 9:03 am
Ok...try this:

In the folder where you keep the music itself, make sure each of your tracks are tagged like this, it must be:

Artist<space>dash<space>Track name

That should work. I can’t see why it isn’t. You could also try this:

In VDJ, go to the folder where the track is saved, scroll to the track itself and right click with the mouse on the track name. Select ‘Rename’ from the drop down menu that appears. A box opens with 3 options on it – Title, Author & Filename (from memory).

In the title box, write: “Artist – Song Name.extension” (mp3, wma, etc) (don’t include the “ ”)

In the Author box, write the name of the artist

In the filename box, write the name of the song with no extension. See if that works.

If not, post back and we can look at again.

Cheers...and keep spinnin’...(“,)

P

Mensajes Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 10:56 am
I do it without the space - artist-title (I use Windows Media Player for the initial storage - store the files on my Seagate hard drive - saves me typing them all in again if my computer decides to crash).

Somebody on here taught me that trick. When I first bought it, I found that it was only displaying the title - I had to type in the artist manually.

Mensajes Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 11:15 am
I use WMP too and type in the tracks manually. Then when it transfers to my music drive i only have a little bit of editing to do before i'm ready to fly.

I've never had any problems doing it this way...apart from actually having to do it this way!!!

(",)

P

Mensajes Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 1:11 pm
From memory VDJ does not like number only artists, ie 112 - Sexy, needs to be 112a - sexy....

This means a search for 112 still works.

Mensajes Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:18 am
I just want to make sure I understand: are you telling me that I have to rename every single one of my (thousands) of tracks in order for this to work? Even though if I get "File Info" through Virtual DJ I can *see* the artist name right there?

Mensajes Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 3:25 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 7:52 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)