Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Loading A Song Causes It To Skip

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello everyone just got the demo for virtualdj to test it out
One thing i noticed is that when i load a song to be played and while i have the other deck going it starts to skip while the song is loading in the other deck.
Here is my Pc Specs below

[Operating System]
Windows Xp Pro With No Service Packs (Fresh Install)

[Processor]
E7320 Chipset Dual Intel Xeon Processors X 2
Running At 4.0GHz HT
System Bus 800MHz X 2

[Memory]
Dual DDR2-400 6Gigs Of Ram

[Hard Drives]
2 External 500GB, 7200RPM, External FireWire 400/800 & USB 2.0 Hard Drives
4 Internal 300GB, 5400RPM, Internal Ultra ATA/133 Hard Drives

[Video Card]
Verto GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card, 8x AGP, 256MB DDR3

[Sound Cards]
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro Sound Card

I have all the latest drivers for Windows XP Pro
Updated The Sound Card Drivers ALL are WDM
Video Card Drivers Have Been Updated To the latest version.
Latest Version Of Direct X9 Installed

I dont know what else to do to stop the skipping i tried everything i could think of.Firewalls are all off,antivirus is off turned off All Windows Effects,i dont have no spyware at all system is brand new,i have no viruses at all.i only have 10 processes running.

So that sums up my checklist for trouble shooting.

so now i need your help here
Thanks for your time

Mensajes Sun 17 Oct 04 @ 6:27 am
This sometime happens when you are playing a song over 15min long then try to load a new song. what size was the song you were playing and what size was the song you were loading?

Mensajes Sun 17 Oct 04 @ 4:06 pm
Yes the song was over 15 min in length actually it was a 20 min song that i was trying to load when it did that.I find it strange that it did that with as much power my pc is it shouldnt of even skipped at all.Well im going to keep testing it out i still have 19 days left before i make up my mind if i really want this software or not.Well thanks so much for your reply.

Mensajes Sun 17 Oct 04 @ 4:20 pm
You can try a smaller max load in setup this may help.

Mensajes Sun 17 Oct 04 @ 7:25 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
check for IRQ conflicts between your soundcard, USB ports and graphics cards (if they are on the same IRQ even if windows is saying that they are not conflicting). these are the major causes of skips in the program and it sounds like one of these.

another thing to try is in the control pannel go to sound and audio devices. then click on the hardware tab.
then scroll down to audio codecs and click on the properties button.
goto the properties tab of this and click on Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec, click to properties button and set the priority to 1, then do the same with Windows media Audio and set this to 2, and this should hopfully make things run alittle smoother

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 3:53 am
I checked for IRQ conflicts and have non whats so ever,i ran alot of other tests also i tried using a smaller song as one deck was playing and it didnt skip.When i used a longer song or a mix like 10 min long then it was skipping as the song loaded and the other deck was playing.Thats so strange though i have no probelms with my pc at all whats so ever.
Im only getting 5% cpu usage from VDJ so i don't know what the deal is.Again i only have 10 processes running and im barely using any memory.I'll keeping testing it out for a few more days.

Thanks for the replys everyone

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 7:58 am
Well i have been testing it out all day with all types of music and still having the same problems with the skipping and stuttering while i load a song while the other deck is still playing.,check again for problems and still no IRQ problems,i wonder if i try it on another pc if it will still do the same.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 11:20 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it could jsut be the fact your running a dual processor, havn't heard about anyone using one of these with VDJ yet, most programs need optermising to run properly with dual processors.
search through the forums for the old HT bug and there is a program that will set the processor affinity to use only one processor. try this and see if it still skips.
make a backup of your virtualdj.exe file first though if you need to restore it later

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 9:54 am
Unlikely mate. 6 gigs of ram but only ddr2-400? youd have to be stupid rich, have thieved a small companies server or you just plain dont have that system. besides if you got that much cash hanging about, give some to me :D

Mensajes Thu 28 Oct 04 @ 3:03 am
Question............I loaded a CD into my diskdrive and loaded it into Vdj. I got the music, but whenever I try to load it onto the deck, it sometimes takes too long to load, and when it does, it skips too much. The songs dat i am loading r not even too long. They r normal songs of about 3-4 min. songs. Only Vdj is running, so I dont think dat it's my memory span. Also, how can u permanately transfer a song from a CD to Vdj, in order to have it in ur playlist?

-Dj Digital

Mensajes Thu 28 Oct 04 @ 12:58 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)