Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: MixVibes DVS VS VirtualDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJSoloHome userMember since 2004
Can someone please tell me what the differences are between these two products? I have just found out about these two products and I would like to know what the differences are.

Mensajes Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 6:45 pm
DJ solo:Here is my advice after testing most dj software i can assure you that you cannot find anything close to VDJ.Whats the difference?Well if you want to be a dj=VDJ.....period
Try them all!Every major player has some kind of demo,but i think VDJ even has the best demo offering 20 days usage for free
I guess we could spend the time for you doing the research to find out what is exactly the difference.
Best way for you is to run both programs on your comp.You will be able to judge on your own the better program for you depending on what you use it for.
Hope your get your license soon!
DJ Andre Landry

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 12:26 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I own them both.
If this tell you something it is that they are both good,
so that i've spent my good money on both...
I play at home with both, but when i go live i feel
much more comfortable with Vdj.
I can't say more, try the demos.

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 1:07 am
Apopsis....im glad to see your a full user now,also thanks for the help with the "problem"
Regards
DJ Andre Landry

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 1:26 am
DJSoloHome userMember since 2004
Thanks for your input. I have tried both demos and I think that I like the VirtualDJ program a little better. Is one program better than the other in terms of Sound Quality?

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 1:32 am
Regards to you Andre, i remember you had some heat problems, but this thread ("the problem") was for good...
Device stuff promised to fix the 100% cpu usage in version 2.06

George

-----------
Dj Solo, they both sound good when time strech is disable, mixvibes has a much better time strech algorithm in my opinion, but this is for now, vdj has a quick evolution....

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 1:39 am
@DJSolo
I don't think you have to worry about sound quality problems with either prog. Decoding MP3 algo is a fairly basic task for software players these days. Your quality will depend more on the encoder used to encode your Mp3 / WMA files and especially their bit rate (192kbps is best)

apopsis gave you good advise and its good to see that you prefer vDJ. Come on down, you can be the next player in the great vDJ community [:o)

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 4:06 am
Can someone please tell me what the differences are between these two products? I have just found out about these two products and I would like to know what the differences are,

what do you think the digital vynil (T.C.V) of Mix Vibes it will work on VDJ. did you try this before? just only asking,

but i think VDJ still is the Best.

Mensajes Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 9:47 am
strange thing is that they are both French ;) lol...
as of now, in my eyes, the 2 top dj software are both french..

things that made me favor VDJ are:
- dual wave display
- faster development from dev staff
- free upgrades & updates for full users
- better support
- better skin SDK (I like the full screen dj look, and not the "modular" look of MixVibes)
- better timecode (not tested myself, but read others test it)

all in all, VDJ seem to be to be well ahead of MixVibes.... But its for sure my second choice... if VDJ was not around ;)

Mensajes Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 2:32 pm
Hope someday VDJ place demo video that pro Dj's playing Vdj T.C.V ....Xp10 and Hercules Dj console, so that many people visiting this good vdj website, see the VDJ how it works on their hardware mixing console ect... if that is possible only.

Mensajes Wed 03 Nov 04 @ 8:53 am
agree;)

demo-videos and maybe flash presentations could attract more...

Mensajes Wed 03 Nov 04 @ 12:34 pm
I can do a scratch demo,... when i receive
my timecode vinyls first..

Mensajes Wed 03 Nov 04 @ 11:04 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
All right apopsis that's a good thing.
Greece (old) champion's scratch demo ...
A great ad for VDJ

Mensajes Thu 04 Nov 04 @ 9:12 am
Who knows where I can find the XP10 controller in USA.
I´m a Dj in Guatemala Central America, and it´s cost to much to ship to my country form England.

Thanks
Sorry for my Englis

Alessandro

Mensajes Fri 05 Nov 04 @ 3:50 am
Apopsis, I assume you have the tcv by now. Considering you are a former DMC champ and are very familiar with both products (especially MixVibes), could you give more info on what advantages one software has over the other when it comes to scratching?

Here's one advantage that you stated in another thread: "what about the one turntable to control the active deck?… mixvibes Dvs already does this, (not that it is better program than vdj) there is a 'one turntable' mode, allow the timecode to control the active player everytime.” http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=7750&page=1

OO

Mensajes Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 4:49 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)